Sprint, Verizon and AT&T add to their LTE footprints in time for the Apple iPhone 5 launch
Ah, we're just pulling your leg! The Apple iPhone 5 will be launched on that date and the carriers know that an LTE enabled Apple iPhone probably would sell better if a large number of people live in areas that have, you know, an LTE signal.
source: Verizon via AndroidCentral, Phandroid (1), (2)
1. thephoneguy92 posted on 15 Sep 2012, 14:21 1 0
That was a cheap shot against the Red Sox :(
2. ajac09 posted on 15 Sep 2012, 14:33 1 2
dont mind them. They use the iphone in place of a woman so they gotta take cheap shots at someone
3. nwright94 (unregistered) posted on 15 Sep 2012, 14:36 0 1
AT&T, please launch lte in Pittsburgh -_- Id love to use my lumia 900 on lte, although 6-7 Mbps down on hspa+ isn't terrible, I'd just love to see 30-40 Mbps.
10. kyp5035 posted on 15 Sep 2012, 21:01 0 0
at&t announced Pittsburgh by december so it should be coming very soon..
5. PAPINYC (limited) 2 days ago posted on 15 Sep 2012, 16:04 6 1
Why do they need to expand LTE coverage if the iPhone 5 will still be using iWiFi from 2009?
7. Sprintfan posted on 15 Sep 2012, 17:37 2 0
No love for sprint as usual PA. 100 new additions for Sprint!!
The 4G LTE Network build is under way in the following areas:
•Aguadilla-Isabela-San Sebastian, Puerto Rico
•Barnstable Town (Hyannis/Midcape), Mass.
•Baton Rouge, La.
•Coamo, Puerto Rico
•College Station, Texas
•Daytona Beach-Deltona-Ormond Beach, Fla.
•Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach-Deerfield Beach, Fla.
•Guayama, Puerto Rico
•Houma-Bayou Cane-Thibodaux, La.
•Johnson City, Tenn.
•Killeen-Temple-Fort Hood, Texas
•Lakeland-Winter Haven, Fla.
•Los Angeles-Long Beach-Glendale, Calif.
•Miami-Miami Beach-Kendall, Fla.
•Morgan City, La.
•Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
•New York-White Plains-Wayne, N.Y.
•Norfolk-Virginia Beach-Newport News, Va.
•Ocean Pines, Md.
•Palm Bay-Melbourne-Titusville, Fla.
•Ponce, Puerto Rico
•Port St. Lucie, Fla.
•Roanoke Rapids, N.C.
•Rocky Mount, N.C.
•San German-Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
•San Juan, Puerto Rico
•Sebastian-Vero Beach, Fla.
•Southern Pines-Pinehurst, N.C.
•St. Thomas, USVI
•Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Fla.
•Washington, D.C.-Arlington-Alexandria, Va.
•Waukegan-Lake County, Ill.
•West Palm Beach-Boca Raton-Boynton Beach, Fla.
•Wichita Falls, Texas
•Yauco, Puerto Rico
8. quickweevil posted on 15 Sep 2012, 19:41 0 0
Not a single place in Wisconsin. What a shame!
20. itreday posted on 16 Sep 2012, 13:58 0 0
AT&T will add green bay, and Milwaukee by the end of the year. I hope Madison gets added soon though.
9. downphoenix posted on 15 Sep 2012, 20:14 3 1
unless all 100 of those markets launch on Sept 21st, its not relevent for this article.
12. ajac09 posted on 15 Sep 2012, 22:31 0 2
sprints time table"when we feel like it"
13. agentoj posted on 15 Sep 2012, 22:44 0 0
Sprint's timeline, ASAP. Does not seem like they are delaying; they can't blanket the entire US in a day. It took Verizon a while. Sprint is late to the game for their own reasons.
14. codymws posted on 15 Sep 2012, 23:08 0 0
No Sprint LTE in the greenest city in the US??? (Portland, OR)
16. ZayZay posted on 16 Sep 2012, 10:14 0 0
I'm shocked because Portland was one of the first with WIMAX. Ever been inside the Rose Garden? Full WIMAX Signal but couldn't get it at my place in inner SE.
17. codymws posted on 16 Sep 2012, 10:35 0 0
Maybe Sprint didn't get as many WiMAX customers in Portland as they had expected, so their putting Portland on the back burner for LTE.
18. Larry_ThaGr81 posted on 16 Sep 2012, 11:20 0 0
What a shame, 100 cities and California doesn't even have one listed.
21. Markizzle21 posted on 16 Sep 2012, 18:53 0 0
Once again no Phoenix Arizona which is one of the most populated cities. First Wimax and now LTE damn shame
15. ZayZay posted on 16 Sep 2012, 10:12 0 0
I feel bad for Sprint customers who will be stuck on Sprints terrible 3G service on their new LTE iPhone. Wuah Wuah!
19. Larry_ThaGr81 posted on 16 Sep 2012, 11:21 1 0
At least new customers heading over to Sprint still have the option for an unlimited data plan unlike Verizon customers.
22. speed4evr posted on 17 Sep 2012, 10:00 0 0
/Sprint-details-LTE-network-expansion-100-new-markets-to-be-covered-within-months_id34276If you read this list its entirety, miami and los angles