Spotted at MWC: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
Air View which allows you to hover over the screen with the S Pen and open up an email in a separate pop-up box. Smart Rotation uses the front-facing camera to make sure that the screen is always oriented correctly. The front-facing camera is also used in the Smart Stay feature which allows the screen to stay on as long as you are awake. Once you fall asleep, so does the screen. Multiwindows allows the user to split the screen in two rqual parts so that two apps can be used at the same time. There are many other features that Samsung has baked into its Note series.
MWC starts on Monday and besides the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, there will be a number of new phones and tablets revealed. The best way to find out all about the devices that everyone will be talking about is to keep your eyes right here for the best MWC coverage.
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
2 more days to go.... Oh, the excitement! What else will Sammy tease us with? And then there is Nokia. Tick-tock, tick-tock.
9. wendygarett (unregistered)
Nope it's galaxy note VIII who came from future :)
5. GALAXY-STORM (Posts: 328; Member since: 13 Oct 2012)
So it has note 2 specs with bigger screen and battery?
13. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
No cellular phone (for voice calls). Maybe a cellular data modem option?
25. DetroitTech (Posts: 55; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
I'm thinking it does have voice. Look at the top there looks to be an earpiece grill.
24. vincelongman (Posts: 3333; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
look more like the S III, because the top and bottom is slightly rounded
6. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1024; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
The Note 8.0 needs to be less than $350 or I'm going to get the Nexus 7 and call it a day!!
10. threeline (Posts: 267; Member since: 11 Sep 2011)
I'm hoping for 299, if not I will get the Nexus 10 for 399.
18. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1024; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I agree. The Note 2 was too expensive and ended up getting the S3 (AT&T). I hope history doesnt repeat itself
14. rihel_95 (Posts: 296; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
I will wait untill it releases a Full HD version of it coz its meant for digital art!
12. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
sgn2's resized version..............lol
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 17623; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This beauty will appeal to android nation, and the gorgeous iPad mini will continue to do well with iOS users, and the general consumer. It's a stalemate as far who'll switch over, cause most people are vested in the Eco systems of the chosen platform.
19. jroc74 (Posts: 5732; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
This is true. I didnt understand about eco systems....until I invested heavy in Android. I came from Win Mo...but didnt get alot of apps. I didnt stick with Win Mo long enough to be invested heavy.
I can do it for game consoles. Not that big a deal. Tablets? Hard to say. PC's? I can do that too.
16. Taters (Posts: 6355; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
So the battle of the low res tablets that will unfortunately sell pretty decent? Ipad mini vs Note 8.
Only tablets I am interested in are the high resolution ones. So Galaxy Tab 3 plus or bust Samsung.
21. nikenturd (unregistered)
1024 x 768 is low res......1280 x 800 is not....
17. Taters (Posts: 6355; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
A high res Nexus 7 reboot would be awesome as well.
20. nikenturd (unregistered)
SAMSUNG has a knack of overpricing their tablets...I do hope this one (albeit slim chance) will be priced reasonably well....Anything more than $320-$340 is a no go since the Exynos 4412 is about to get replaced soon....but a lot better than that crap called Tegra 3 though
23. protozeloz (Posts: 5393; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
looking forward to the review, Wish my N7 had a Sylus like the Spen and been asking for this for a while... also why saying Samsung is planing this because of the iPad mini?