Sony Xperia Z3 against the competition: size comparison clash
It's still commendable that Sony has successfully fitted the same display in a more compact body. We decided to put the device against the popular representatives of the competition. Check out what's going on in this heated battle below and feel free to share a line or two in the comments section.
146 x 72 x 7.3 mm
5.36 oz (152 g)
146.8 x 73.3 x 8.2 mm
5.75 oz (163 g)
153.5 x 78.6 x 8.5 mm
6.21 oz (176 g)
142 x 72.5 x 8.1 mm
5.11 oz (145 g)
146 x 72 x 7.3 mm
5.36 oz (152 g)
146.36 x 70.6 x 9.35 mm
5.64 oz (160 g)
146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm
5.26 oz (149 g)
123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm
3.95 oz (112 g)
Sony Xperia Z3
1. Duketytz (Posts: 514; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Okay finally the bezels are shrinked:) but haters will be like 'its still so big:('
4. f35hunter (Posts: 187; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
yeah . even if sony will make bezel-less smartphone the haters will say they are huge
8. tech2 (Posts: 2327; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
1mm is not something too noteworthy TBH. Its barely noticeable even if you try too hard.
Although any shrinkage is welcome.
10. MrKoles (Posts: 330; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Yes, I see! Top bezels could be 1cm shorter... 146cm??? Are you kidding me?
11. Duketytz (Posts: 514; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Omnibalance my friend. They need the top and bottom to look equal and there's logo on the top!
13. MrKoles (Posts: 330; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
I really dont care about Omnibalance if I cant fit it in my pocket!
For a 5,2 incher its way too long and thats it.
Take a look at LG G2...
22. TMach (Posts: 381; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Narrower, shorter and thinner than the G3, at least. Guess you hate on the G3 too, right? As for the bezel trolls, you presumably realise that this would be considered almost bezelless in comparison to the new iPhone 6!
18. kanagadeepan (Posts: 707; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
How about reducing 5mm on both Top and Bottom?? They can shrink the bezels and maintain that omni-balance at the same time, right???
16. xtremesv (Posts: 238; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
You need to put the internals somewhere, you have two options make up and down bezels larger or make the phone thicker (eg. Sharp Aquos, HTC One M8, LG G3). At the end it's a matter of what you prefer and like.
21. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1161; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
lies. then do something about those internals placement. its a high end device. make smaller high end component internals.
14. sniperdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 23 May 2013)
It has bigger bezels than the M8 and that has front facing speakers.
19. AnukulVcool (Posts: 131; Member since: 02 Jun 2012)
this one has too, but no grills to show off
2. anleoflippy (Posts: 309; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Kudos to Sony for managing to fit the same display in a smaller body.
3. lee480 (Posts: 177; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Whoooo Bronze looks sexy! That bezel, reduced!
ps Waiting for Samsung's PA division warrior, PapaSmurf!
5. hassoups (Posts: 381; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
i like what they did with the weight and thickness, but i refuse to buy a flagship phone with anything less than QHD anymore.
7. lee480 (Posts: 177; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
A statement from an established Samsung warrior?
12. phichart (Posts: 48; Member since: 03 May 2014)
What? Samsung Warrior? Samsung never upgrade a new flagship phone in 6 month!
20. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1161; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
ditched windows phone. Y U ALWAYS DITCH WINDOWS PHONE!!!!!!?!?!!? YOU RACIST!