Sony Xperia Z1 (aka Honami) passes through the Chinese FCC, confirms what we expected
It was all the way back in March when we heard the first murmurs of a possible successor to the Xperia Z. The device was said to be a 5-incher, just like the Z, but with a quality 20MP shooter on the back. We have gone a long way since, no doubt – the number of Honami rumors has gone through the roof, along with the amount of publicity surrounding the device, which should appease the PR folks at Sony Mobile. Obviously, however, this is a particularly sharp double-edged sword, since it is often very hard (or downright impossible) for manufacturers to live up to the hype that has been created during the production cycle.
Reminiscing aside, we've finally got our first semi-official confirmation of what the Sony Xperia Z1, the device we've grown to know as the Honami, will really look like. This is thanks to the round the Z1 has made through the Chinese FCC-equivalent, Tenaa. Needless to say, the new images are not about to shock anybody out of their socks – the leaks appear to have been 100% correct all along.
The Sony Xperia Z1 is expected to be announced during IFA 2013 in Berlin, which will take place on September 4. This means that it's as good a time as any to do your research by browsing our previous coverage on the Z1.
Sony Xperia Z1 (aka Honami) images Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Leaked screenshots reveal a possible upcoming huge Android redesign
14 Apr 2014, 03:50
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Sony Xperia Z1 (aka Honami) images
1. SIGPRO (Posts: 348; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
Nothing Special, the photo's are not that good!
4. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 547; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Looks exactly like leaks. Premium,stylish,simple,elegant looking like its predecessor.
and specs are at its best all we have to look now is how its 20mp performs. Hope it deliver
14. wicpromd (Posts: 266; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
atleast it is not as Brick, Thick, Heavy, Sharp edges like ur Nokia Lumia 9xx,10xx
and Sony atleast chages design of its flagship every year
not like Lumia 800,900,920,1020 same design language but different sizes :D
15. SIGPRO (Posts: 348; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
LOL you are funny, i dont own a Lumia phone!
But there is no doubt that the Lumia 1020 will crush this phone, even a tester of this phone said that it's nothing special!
And what about iphone and samsung? Their devices also looks the same for a few years now!
17. jb4674 (Posts: 117; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
How can the Lumia 1020 crush the Honami if all the appeal the 1020 has is its camera? The Honami may not have a 40mp camera on board but its overall list of specs crushes the 1020's appeal by a long stretch.
2. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 547; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Great, now all we have to do is wait for announcement and reviews and official camera samples.
3. pwnarena (Posts: 718; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
sorry. would have to post another comment. i really can't get over with the initial disappointment. i really hope things change come september 4.
5. PunyPoop (Posts: 624; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Then buy the N3, is there a problem there?
18. jb4674 (Posts: 117; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
What disappointment is that? Are you one of the little girls that keep on whining about the big bezel? Or is it the lack of xenon flash? Go have a coke and a smile.
6. ddeath (Posts: 152; Member since: 14 Apr 2012)
Wait a minute, it's black, rectangular and has rounded corners, like the hundreds of things out there. Is Apple gonna sue them?
8. anleoflippy (Posts: 225; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
10. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 598; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Perhaps you should read the articles you link. Asking "what would Sony do?", then designing something that looked nothing like any Sony product is not inspiration.
9. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1618; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
yet another peice of honami news, its honami or iPhone news these days...
11. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 547; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Both. I know it may get a bit annoying. Can't blame pa because these smartphones getting close to release date so its obvious
Sad, Not much leaks about note III ?? But that's great because we might get some big surprises.
we now know almost everything about xperia Z1 & iPhones. So not much surprises
19. jb4674 (Posts: 117; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Who cares about the Note III? It's a Phablet and it's a Samsung phone. It'll probably look bigger than the note II with an updated processor.
12. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2099; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Looking awesome in these recent pics. Black is more premium color.
13. anleoflippy (Posts: 225; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
I kinda digging the Purple. Don't know, maybe it's just me.
16. SonyPS4 (Posts: 220; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Sony is really bad hiding their product from leaked unlike Samsung. We know almost everyhitng about it already.
20. PapaSmurf (Posts: 6623; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's basically just a black rectangle... What is so special about the design?
22. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 724; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
sony have nothing to hide for their best phones
23. philansel7 (Posts: 27; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
love the design and specs wise. love the slim body !