Sony Xperia Z sold out in some markets, bodes well for Sony's 2013
According to sources in the handset supply chain, Sony's new flagship model sold out in various countries on the first day that the phone was available for pre-order. Distributors in Japan, France, Germany, Hong Kong and Taiwan were sold out of the Sony Xperia Z as Sony timed the release of the phone perfectly, ahead of the launch of the HTC One, and the coming unveiling of the Samsung Galaxy S 4.
Sony hopes to ride on the back of the success of its high-end model by producing more mid-range devices. It also hopes to launch a handset powered by the brand new Firefox OS. Such a device would probably be a low-end model, similar to the Sony Xperia E. Sony has offered owners of the device a ROM with the Firefox OS that can be installed on the unit.
1. rgxVOiD (Posts: 435; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Sony have 3 more days to 'make.believe' before GSIV is announced
7. Birds (Posts: 1027; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Buahahahahaha aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh ahahahahahahaha ehhhhh ahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... That made me giggle a bit.
30. rgxVOiD (Posts: 435; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Yes Yes I do. I don't really care about thumb ups or down so do whatever
33. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 196; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
Galaxy S4 looks cheap with all those plastic materials, and it's not even dust/water resistant! IT'S SONY FTW! lmao :D
34. JumpingRabbit (Posts: 4; Member since: 12 Feb 2013)
Samsung just revealed the design and looks same plastic piece of crap as Galaxy S3.
Samsung will never learn on how to design a phone.
Sony Xperia Z is a Killer device for this year.
I Love you SONY. :)
35. rgxVOiD (Posts: 435; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
I am somewhat a Sony fan, i don't really understand why people downvoted my comment in the first place. I was merely saying that Sony have 3 more days of selling well before people might stop buying Xperia Z and goes to GSIV when it's announced
37. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
people down voted you because you didn't care about being down voted. LOL
39. rgxVOiD (Posts: 435; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Well, that's one reason but that comment was before :)
36. rgxVOiD (Posts: 435; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
I am getting an Xperia Z, I like the purple one but if its not available here, then I'll be getting the black one
38. theZED (Posts: 25; Member since: 09 May 2012)
And better SAMSUNG choose a Slogan to encounter "make.believe". A water/dust resistant design in 7.9mm is also a way of making believe.
41. TMach (Posts: 387; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
I do not see Sony fans ever considering buying the S4, so your commet is a bit pointless really! It would be like Mercedes fans being interested in a VW Phaeton....lol
2. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
this is a great success so far and could get even better if they have released it sooner.
it takes 2,3 years for Sony to occupy one of top two places in mobile realm.
3. Kreft (Posts: 84; Member since: 27 Dec 2012)
Good. I wish Sony well. Regardless my next phone will be from Motorola.
4. drpain (Posts: 85; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
how many sold? If they only made 5, this is not impressive
17. 3SM.. (unregistered)
These jokes are dry.
23. pyradark (Posts: 783; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
140,000 on its launch week on japan and still counting
5. ama3654 (Posts: 249; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
Hmmn! i'm surprised, HTC One seems to be a more logical choice with better processing power, better build, Smoother UI and better LCD tech, but what do i know. Lets see what Samsung has in 3 days time.
16. Taters (Posts: 3593; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
You obviously don't know much. The Xperia design is way nicer than the HTC One. In fact, they should test it. Go out to the busy New York streets with both handsets and ask people passing by which handset is sexier or more attractive. 8 times out of 10 will probably say the Xperia Z. The high school or teens might say the HTC One though because it is shiny.
It is a shame that the Xperia Z is so large, has a bad screen, and doesn't use the Qualcomm 600 like it should though.
21. ama3654 (Posts: 249; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
"It is a shame that the Xperia Z is so large, has a bad screen, and doesn't use the Qualcomm 600 like it should though"
24. pyradark (Posts: 783; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
still Millions of people will never look to that bcoz they were blind with its elegant design and dust/water resistant. Its what we called "Attraction"
28. pwnarena (Posts: 974; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
it's marginally larger than the s3 and almost the same size and even thinner than htc one. if you think it's big, the rest are relatively bigger considering that their display sizes are smaller than the xz.
32. Taters (Posts: 3593; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The Optimus G has the smallest measurements of any 4.7 inch handset ever, yet it seems large because of the sharp corners and perfect rectangle shape. Same applies to the Xperia Z.
If you want a large phone to feel small, you need curves.
6. Esf_Kid (Posts: 49; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
LOL, i see my beautiful white XZ in the picture
man this is the most beautiful phone i ever posses
everything is perfect and i think it will sell a big deal.
9. nikenturd (unregistered)
Sony's flagship got eclipsed by HTC, LG, and Samsung yet again lol....I guess fake scarcity is their only way to advertise their doomed product.
15. TMach (Posts: 387; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Haters gonna hate and trolls will always troll......the facts do not lie.....!
25. pyradark (Posts: 783; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
eclipsed?? i dont see any LG & HTC on chart in smartphone hahahaha
11. GeekMovement (Posts: 1519; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
It'd be pretty awesome if Sony took the lead over Huawei; I think they deserve it. Hope the Xperia Z & ZL will come to most of the carriers here in the US.
13. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
yeah, US is an important key to their success.
12. Aeires (unregistered)
Bring on the Z tablet!
19. GeekMovement (Posts: 1519; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
+1 this may be the first tablet I am actually really interested in.
14. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8919; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm glad Sony sold out of the Xperia Z the first day it released. I hope the best for them. BUT if I were in the market for a beautiful looking phone, I would pick the Nexus 4, Xperia Z, then Lumia 920. The back cover of the Nexus is simply stunning imo.
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6726; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
This is great all sony needs too do is bring it too the u.s. carriers
22. siluro (Posts: 46; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
This phone had lots going, but well a few shortfalls to make it something I would definitely jump on. First off being the mediocre camera. The flap for the headphone jack (although I understand why it's there), the lack of a camera button, and I wished the battery were a bit larger. But otherwise seems quite solid but not exactly what I was looking for, so close but next phone please.
27. pwnarena (Posts: 974; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
this feels like the same nokia press release for the lumia 920 before.
nokia sales haven't been that stellar since those sold out press releases but may have been enough to put them back on black. hopefully this has the same or even better effect for sony.
29. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Sony never fails to amaze us :)
40. supersammyfans (Posts: 25; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
Bla, there is no way Sony s**t could out sale again after Sammy release the SIV... Their phone are purely garbage compare to Sammy.....
43. TMach (Posts: 387; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
Only a matter of time as these things are cyclical. Sony were always more popular than Samsung and that changed and so long as Sony does not take a backward step, they will be outselling Samsung in a year to 18 months due to their better build quality and design! By the way, just got notified by Handtec that HTC One delayed by at least 10 days, as they have not debited my account happy to wait but damn HTC really needs to gets its s**t together. No wonder their sales are on a continual downward curve, excellent product but crap marketing and never seems to be able to meet deadlines! Talk about handing the advantage to your market rivals, somebody ought to get the sack!
45. bipinm (Posts: 122; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
Just watch out for our next phone, Xperia SP after the S4 announcement and we will talk...