Smartphone fingerprint scanners – what else should they be used for?
Uses for fingerprint scanners on smartphones
1. Locking individual apps and folders
2. Switching between user profiles
3. Preventing others from switching your phone off
4. Use with a payment system or online banking app
5. Reading your palm
1. emadshiny (Posts: 1142; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Its still a gimmick.
Lets wait for some innovative companies to upgrade it to its highest levels.
15. ZeroCide (Posts: 698; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
So what this article is saying is that the this "feature" provides nothing that the phone didn't already have before in some other form, which may or may not have been easier to use. True seems like gimick feature.
16. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
its not cool nor gimic it is something that we must ask to be removed from the phone othervise the phone snatchers will also cutoff our fingers along
3. makio9 (Posts: 47; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
I'll take the security risk, I'm as lazy as they come and I want to stick my hand out. Nothing more.
5. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Finger print scanners on smartphones are old tech (Motorola Atrix). How bout making a phone with an iris (eye) scanner?
7. Raihanpatel111 (unregistered)
Nice thought man.... But I think finger-print scanner is enough for smart phone....
8. taikucing (unregistered)
but apple always claim they are the first
11. bucky (Posts: 1558; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Lol you guys are fighting amongst yourselves.
6. eddyphone (Posts: 9; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
well I am not thrilled by that feature, simple
9. SonyPS4 (Posts: 258; Member since: 21 May 2013)
Fujitsu's Arrows Z ISW13F for Japan had this feature 1.5 years ago.
10. DONUT (Posts: 307; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
the first slide is very similar to LG's Guest Mode. however, considering how fingerprint scanners are easily "hacked" (granted not many ppl would go through the trouble), personally i think LG's Guest Mode is better
12. jad.boutary (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
I like the switch off setting hope they will do it.. maybe i will ask some developers at xda to do it