Samsung walks us through SideSync feature: connect your Android to Windows
Basically, SideSync allows you to use your Galaxy smartphone alongside a PC, using the keyboard and mouse to control the handset. It not only automatically syncs files between the two devices, but it also allows you to copy clipboard content from one device to the other effortlessly.
You can either use the smartphone screen as an extension to your PC display, or have a virtual screen inside your Windows environment. The benefits of the latter include the possibility to resize the screen to fit your needs. Check it all out in the video below.
7. aditya.k (Posts: 406; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Thanks again! :3 I gave you a thumbs up! :D
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2061; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It's nothing new but makes sense if you actively use the computer/laptop and the phone fore work, or on many other occasions.
9. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
kaytida,, kayti hmmm ahhh
KATI here in d Philippns, is itch, MAKATI = itchy
10. aditya.k (Posts: 406; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Really! Am I? So much hate for me here! :(
16. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
u want a reason?? look at ur comments and know why
20. aditya.k (Posts: 406; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
There's nothing wrong in my comments! Its fine. Its not my problem if people can't take it in the right way.
22. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
pls justify ur first comment and well see if thers nothing wrong w/ ur comment
23. aditya.k (Posts: 406; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Now did I say useless for whom? Its useless for me and a few others who have plenty of time to waste! Look at comment #12 and that should explain the rest for which again you started bashing blindly! I'm not a Sammy hater but you sure are a blind Sammy fanboy!
27. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
oh im a Sammy fanboy, a Sony fanboy, im also a htc fanboy not an Apple fanboy but an iPad fanboy,..
34. hihiguy (Posts: 8; Member since: 15 Apr 2013)
Cause ur comment is useless. Do you own a s4 to try that app out? Do you plan to own a s4? If u answer no to those questions then your comment is useless like you
17. MrJerry (Posts: 377; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
It's getting full of Samsung haters and they are becoming more butthurts..
How the hell is this possibly useless?
Please don't tell me you don't need it
18. aditya.k (Posts: 406; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Now I didn't say its useless for all.! Its probably useless for me! Its for those who work and don't have time to lift their smartphones every now and then. But for me and most of you out there its pretty useless. So instead of just flaming at me, take some time, read and then bash someone! Look at the comment #12. I told why! You are the one's who are butthurt and I am not a Samsung hater! Say what you want to say! IDC!
24. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
So its not useless at all..ur frst commnt is generally addrssed..
And how come it is only useful for workers?
25. aditya.k (Posts: 406; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
What I want to say is its very useful for workers as they don't have enough time to check their phone every now and then, so everything is on their screen. Now I don't mean to say its just a waste for others. I might feel lazy sometimes to use the smaller keyboard and might use my lappy. What I want to say is this helps the people who are really busy. Man I give up alright! You win. I'm tired of explaining stuff to you. Yeah its my mistake I addressed it generally rather than saying it for me! Happy now?
26. voxmarc (Posts: 299; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
are you Indian...if yes then i rest my case......news these days.
29. aditya.k (Posts: 406; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
So what if I'm and Indian? Is it a sin? :/
40. AnTuTu (Posts: 596; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
WOW an awesome feature :) waiting for my S4 to come :) wow again and thank you Samsung for all of the features you have been introducing time by time :)
11. piyath (Posts: 150; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
That is called 'the innovative thinking' folks....!!!
Wonderful work Sammy. We Love You!
12. aditya.k (Posts: 406; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Its for those who go for work probably. For others its not much of a use!
15. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
at least there is a reason!! shud samsung make a galaxy worker, galaxy kids, galaxy teenager, galaxy cool, galaxy elders just to allocate the features for every group of consumers??
these are d things that close-minded sammy haters cant understand and just throw "useless gimmicks" comments w/o even thinking a point where someone can find a reason to use such,, and thats why samsung let us turn it on and off
19. aditya.k (Posts: 406; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Now what's wrong with that comment? Did I say only workers should buy that phone? No! I just said its useful only for the workers probably! That's it. I didn't say Samsung should make different phones for different people. Think before drawing any conclusion out of a comment. So you are close minded! Understand? And I am not a Samsung hater! :@
21. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
look at ur first comment ="useless"
cmon analyze everything..
35. hihiguy (Posts: 8; Member since: 15 Apr 2013)
Ooh burn aditya.k. where the come back for that aditya.k? To be honest I think u need to shut your mouth Aditya.k cause u dont even know what your writing about. Just go to your doctor and ask him to extract your brain and replace it with a S4.
39. aditya.k (Posts: 406; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Yeah replace my brain with an S4! Yeah you're right, now it'll surely heat up like hell and my head is going to soooo burn! x(
How's that for a comeback?
13. buccob (Posts: 1041; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
So.... basically AirDroid... but samsung exclusive?....
Not very interesting...
14. buccob (Posts: 1041; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
OK no, I take it back... this is very different from AirDroid... and it does look interesting...
I posted too early. Would love to see this integration from a third party app or other manufacturers
28. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 803; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I could see myself using that feature a lot.
46. TheMan (Posts: 346; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Same here. It has features a professional can use whether in the office or in the field.
Not so much if McDonalds is your day job or if the primary focus of your phone is games, texting, YouTube, or surfing.
32. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
I just downloaded it. :) free in samsung apps
Ahmm i have a very very important request to samsung, why not make most of d exclusive samsung features downloadable and not an integral part of d device.. still, they can use the new features in their ads
36. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 762; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Oh see!! this article ddnt call the immature haters lol..
They even cant stand how cool the feature is..
48. hltechie (Posts: 85; Member since: 08 May 2009)
Although it is still annoying that bloatware like this takes up so much space on the phone with no option to remove it.
41. bachir8k (Posts: 64; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Now that is something cool, i liked the dock also
42. talon95 (Posts: 58; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
That's awesome, I hope it's just the beginning. If you can go into full screen mode it would be nice for playing games or using business apps and writing documents. Also to have bi-directional tethering would be nice, I could be on international roaming and go into an internet cafe and link my phone into a pc and not worry about keyloggers etc.
I'm sure in many application it would also be nice if PC apps could stream the GPS, and all the other sensor data. I could turn my phone into a data acquisition device. Maybe i'd strap it to an engine and collect noise frequency, vibration frequency, temperate as I tuned the gas mixture. (crazy, but crazy cool) make a wifi/4G link for it as well so i can attach it to my RC cars and race with it. Forget android in space, I want android on NOS. I'd stream video and find a way to control the steering and acceleration off of usb so that I could drive it around the block.
If they can do it on mobile then they'll be able to do it it on Glass as well, so once we have a nice augmented reality setup there will be PC games that can stream overlay video to the glasses while receiving input from the headset and gps as you run through the course. Now you're talking some real FPS action.
Anyone who says useless or that sammy sucks must have had a lobotomy and their brain replaced with apple-sauce.
45. XaErO (Posts: 106; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Surely, Samsung must be credited for the small-small software tricks like this !!
These are actually very useful for people like me !!
Keep it up .. SAMSUNG !!
47. eternaln (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Dec 2012)
I've read in some blogs that it's working with a samsung ATIV branded pc!!! is it true?