Samsung to start mass production of AMOLED tablet displays in February
1. galanoth (Posts: 123; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
My all time favorite tablet was the Galaxy Tab 7.7
Would love a refresh of that tablet.
2. hung2900 (Posts: 683; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
Even now Tab 7.7 is still a good tablet. Amoled on tablet is so sweet.
Hope that Samsung can solve the problem of cost. A report said that the panel for Tab 7.7 costs $170, almost equal to a Google N7
5. Krjal (Posts: 17; Member since: 19 Dec 2013)
I'm still running my 7.7 and it's still the best tablet Samsung's made to date.
I really hope these reports are true. I'd love to get something equivalent to upgrade to this year. I've had to start using custom roms recently as the last official update (in ICS) is getting pretty long in the tooth.
3. Insignificant (Posts: 184; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I don't reject this, but find it unlikely. Unless, of course, the tablet is very, very expensive. OLED is extremely costly to produce in larger sizes.
4. cR203 (Posts: 166; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
It's about time. I've been patiently awaiting on a samsung tablet with a super amoled display. I think it would be great on a tablet.