Samsung being called upon by Apple for some A8 production?
The hot news warming the chill from our hands Sunday evening, comes from The Korean Economic Daily. The report says that despite talk that TSMC would be handling the silicon chores for the production of the Apple A8 processor, Korean based Samsung will still be producing 30% to 40% of the Apple A8 chips that come out of the foundries. Apple might be playing it safe with the 20nm process involved and the gang in Cupertino might feel better with a name they trust (ironically) filling in the gaps.
Neither Apple nor Samsung has commented, so keep in mind that this, for now at least, is purely speculation.
21. sarge77 (Posts: 140; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Its like Rice and Beans LOL. Its pretty funny samsung can produce a better chip than most other chip makers but wont make one for itself that solid and higher outputs than others.
3. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3726; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
A battle in Seattle, a partnership of friendship. That's how their relationship goes.
4. chemhaz (Posts: 145; Member since: 04 May 2012)
It seems Apple needs Sammy more so, increase your prices so Apple can pass it on 10 fold to customers and make their phones even more expensive.
5. skuld (Posts: 44; Member since: 10 Jan 2013)
here they go again!
day1: apple loves samsung.
day 2: apple hates samsung.
day 3: apple loves samsung again.
6. xperiaDROID (Posts: 3726; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
day 4: apple kisses samsung.
day 5: samsung slaps apple..
8. tiara6918 (Posts: 1105; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
day 6: samsung eats apple
day 7: samsung becomes the king(for now...)
9. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 625; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
day 8: a8 chip made out of samsung poop lol
11. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 470; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
And that's how the earth was created in 7days.. Dan dan daaaaan.
19. jaychildz (Posts: 90; Member since: 31 May 2013)
NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL A F*UCKIN ENDING! +1 haha
7. Navaid (Posts: 46; Member since: 05 Sep 2013)
Hate Apple's suing & patent stuff, but these silly things force other company's to innovate or die. Hence, more power to all customers ♥
10. Shatter (Posts: 1653; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Apple probably realized Samsung was the only company that had the resources to make them custom chips.
It would be like them trying to break away from Intel or AMD or nvidia on their laptops/desktops and create their own chip/ pay someone to do it. When Intel/AMD/Nvidia are the only ones that could actually produce them a good x86 chip/graphics card.
16. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 438; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
By "only," you mean "30-40% of only," right? It sounds like they have their 60-70% locked up with TSMC.
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 7776; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
He conveniently, fan boyishly, Sammitishly ignored that part.
12. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1515; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
They can't live and survive without each other such is their relationship. :)
13. Trex95 (Posts: 482; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Brothers from different mother. But i'm still wondering why Samsung can't success yet with there Octa core and Mali GPU!
14. techaman (Posts: 147; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
Its funny if samsung Stopped helping Apple, Apple would drop off the face of the earth but if Apple stopped helping the Samsung nothing would happen because Apple doesn't help anybody on the other hand I think if Apple and Samsung got together made a phone it would be pretty much the greatest phone ever as long as Apple was open for a little bit of open source
18. AKumar47 (Posts: 48; Member since: 11 Sep 2013)
30-40 percent of apples shares to Samsung, maybe.. haha!
20. lnguyen7186 (Posts: 14; Member since: 30 May 2011)
Money =labor = samsung= chips and here come apple iPhone, love it!
22. harvestcellular (Posts: 26; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Only in corporate business can you try and put import blocks on your competitor, have a team (army) of lawyers suing each other over patents and other items AND work together where it makese business sense to outsource certain tasks. Gotta live business!