Samsung arrives in Silicon Valley, to open an R&D center next to Google
"Our new state-of-the-art R&D center will provide an outstanding environment to support our plans for strategic growth and attracting the very best employees," comments Daniel Eum, president of Samsung Research America. "This expansion, in addition to Samsung Semiconductor's new San Jose campus, builds upon Samsung's 35-year history in the Bay Area and reinforces our commitment to the valley."
6. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 343; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Soon Sammy will start hiring Google research employees to its R&D.
9. CellularNinja (Posts: 261; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
I wouldn't put any centers even close to Google. They're probably using up all the creativity in the air..
10. Topcat488 (Posts: 982; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
I can almost imagine what R&D Samsung will be doing in the first years...
"Wireless Copying"........... From Google's R&D....... Go Samsung. ;)
2. ScottSchneider (Posts: 230; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
One small step for a Samsung, One giant leap for Mobile Universe...
4. aditya.k (Posts: 381; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
So that they can steal yet to release Android versions and give updates faster? :D :P
7. shreyas.s666 (Posts: 80; Member since: 24 Aug 2012)
so that they can release TIZEN very fast
5. andynaija (Posts: 309; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Curious, R&D means research and development right?
12. PunyPoop (Posts: 571; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
It's Revise and Distribute for Samsung :D
15. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
They should invite Obama to the opening ceremony to remind him they do business in the US as well.
17. Ninetysix (Posts: 1011; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
How many xerox machines are they going to have in the new office?
18. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5472; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Great news from Samsung. new jobs new technology