Samsung Galaxy S III vs Apple iPhone 4S drop test is for real (video)
1. OuterHeaven1987 posted on 04 Jun 2012, 02:38 11 0
You know what...we in the "first world" sure do have some silly habits as in destroying almost 1500 dollars of value for what exactly?
12. CharlieAtInfinity posted on 04 Jun 2012, 03:11 6 0
they got s**t loads of money and time!!!
28. SherlockHolmes posted on 04 Jun 2012, 05:24 17 1
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is destroyed because it is inspired by nature and you know what Concrete is not included in Nature !!
63. thusalhax posted on 04 Jun 2012, 09:22 1 0
82. corporateJP posted on 04 Jun 2012, 18:51 4 1
Where I work, people know that Samsung makes trash.
This phone is overhyped.
90. anjaleenarobert posted on 05 Oct 2012, 00:54 0 0
it all depends on the angle that its dropped on. the more vibration that goes through the phone, the more likely it is to smash the screen.
Check Samsung Galaxy S III current value according to this survey report http://www.movaluate.com/samsu
2. Forsaken77 posted on 04 Jun 2012, 02:39 9 0
So much for that Gorilla Glass 2 protection. I watched Corning's demo video of GG2 and they do worse things to it than this drop test and it was fine. But dropping it from 4 ft kills the screen? Someone should make sure Corning sees this.
64. JunitoNH posted on 04 Jun 2012, 09:48 1 0
First, sorry about your phone. So much for the iPhone being so fragile.
36. remixfa posted on 04 Jun 2012, 07:01 4 6
well, it took a phone nearly double the size of the iphone to become just as fragile. lol
ok kids, do not throw your phones around. k? lol
45. ngo2dd posted on 04 Jun 2012, 07:46 3 1
wow you worst tjen the apple people. The one x and the iphone did better then the SGS3 In the drop test. The SGS3 crack on the side test, so it is more fragile
48. remixfa posted on 04 Jun 2012, 07:51 3 4
where did i say it wasnt fragile? before you go trollin me, make sure you read the comment. I just said it was as fragile as the iphone. the iphone breaks when you "hold it wrong" or sneeze on it.
50. ngo2dd posted on 04 Jun 2012, 07:59 3 1
You are defending it by saying the size made a different so down playing. you keeptrolling. You also keep saying how plastics make the phone less fragile, and the metal make the phone more fragile, but here is a contradiction.
52. remixfa posted on 04 Jun 2012, 08:18 2 0
no you troll.
the SGS1 and SGS2 both pounce through the bounce test. the SGS3 does not. Heck, the Note bounced through it as well.
The ONLY difference besides screen sizes is the fact that the SGS3 uses gorilla glass 2, while the other 3 use GG1. Im actually saying that i dont thing GG2 might not be as strong as they thought it was. GG2 uses a thinner screen than GG1 because its supposed to be "stronger". However, these tests are showing that the thinner GG2 screen + large screen = cracks all over the place.
there is no contradiction. only idiot trolls that try to pick apart my every statement obsessively looking for contradictions even think that.
59. SleepingOz posted on 04 Jun 2012, 09:12 0 0
Right. I'd prefer Gorilla Glass 1 on the GSIII, although it's a lil thicker.
73. ngo2dd posted on 04 Jun 2012, 13:20 0 0
Then why both the one x and one S survive side test?
76. remixfa posted on 04 Jun 2012, 14:00 0 0
proving once again that you and taco both ate paint chips together.
78. E.N. posted on 04 Jun 2012, 18:08 1 0
stop being a troll remixfa. The galaxy sIII is fragile, and that should be the end. We don't know 100% exactly what makes it more fragile, all we know is that it is. So stop always trying to give Android/Samsung the leg up in everything.
I'm sure you're still going to buy the phone regardless, which is totally fine. But it would have been nice if you and other Android users had done the same and not be a troll when people were buying their oober fragile iPhones.
83. corporateJP posted on 04 Jun 2012, 18:52 0 0
Remix, my brother, I hate to admit it, but these cats got you cornered on this one...
88. u-suck-more posted on 08 Jun 2012, 08:56 0 0
judging by the video, the iPhone is stronger than e GS3. i mean, look at it. cracks all over and still works fine. GS3? less cracked but dead
84. corporateJP posted on 04 Jun 2012, 18:53 0 0
"so watch a redhead smash"
^That part of the sentence had me thinking dirty thoughts.
3. hung2900 posted on 04 Jun 2012, 02:43 1 2
That's why we need a case, and it's enough. Then who cares about the ugly back?
In fact HTC needs a back cover than GS3. Without it, the glass screen of the camera will be scratched soon.
5. Sniggly posted on 04 Jun 2012, 02:48 0 2
Weird that the drop from the back didn't wipe the iPhone out as well.
Gravity and pavement do not play nice with phones, lol.
6. bbblader posted on 04 Jun 2012, 02:58 9 0
good job apple now your iPhone isn't the worst in durability
7. mrochester (unregistered) posted on 04 Jun 2012, 03:00 1 0
This just goes to show that it's *how* a device is dropped that effects whether you'll break it or not, not that it's simply dropped. I've dropped my 4S loads of times and the glass remains completely intact and shatter free (I do however have a little ding on the border around the glass from one fall).
16. rhen84 posted on 04 Jun 2012, 03:27 0 1
All GG test is performed with force perpendicular to the GG surface.
GG doesn't as strange against parallel force as perpendicular.
The SGS3's glass is an edge to edge glass so it can be broken with a side drop.
Lumia phones' screen is more protected against this force since it has a border around the screen.
79. E.N. posted on 04 Jun 2012, 18:15 1 0
The samsung galaxy siii's screen is not an edge to edge screened phone. Take a look at some pictures.
Stop making excuses guys. The SGIII is fragile, plain and simple.
8. baldilocks posted on 04 Jun 2012, 03:02 2 0
That's why we need flexible and/or polycarbonate displays.
9. 09wbd03516 (banned) posted on 04 Jun 2012, 03:02 1 0
this gorilla glas arguement is stupid
Whether its breakable is depend on how thickness it pack
The reason that lumia 900 survive is because it pack the thickest glas (11mm thick phone prove that) whereas iphone pack the least thick (9mm thick phone prove that)
10. OpTiMuS_BlAcK posted on 04 Jun 2012, 03:08 4 0
That shows how thinner phones aren't really great against gravity.
11. OllielovesAndriod posted on 04 Jun 2012, 03:08 12 1
I dropped my s2 from 6ft on to concrete before (by accident), and must have dropped a thousand other times (landing on its screen) and the screen never cracked one bit.. Even though the plastic suffered a lot of cosmetic damage. I have to say the S3 is a definite let down when it comes to the durability factor of a phone, well. Compared to my S2.
18. SherlockHolmes posted on 04 Jun 2012, 03:32 2 0
I agree on that S3 is a let down !!
But what you are talking about your S2 I cant believe !!
37. remixfa posted on 04 Jun 2012, 07:03 0 0
i throw my S1 around all the time to prove a point. had it since launch day and it doesnt even have a scratch on it. case + screen protector + high build quality.
The thing with the S3 is that the screen is just massive. The bigger the screen, the easier it is to break. It took samsung to make a nearly 5 inch phone to become as breakable as apple's little 3.5 incher. So in over all terms of quality, samsung still wins.
38. taco50 (banned) posted on 04 Jun 2012, 07:14 3 1
Let the back pedaling begin
39. remixfa posted on 04 Jun 2012, 07:17 1 2
can i backpedal my car over your head? why dont you go troll someone else moron, i dont feel like hanging with the special kid this morning.
41. taco50 (banned) posted on 04 Jun 2012, 07:22 1 1
How can you backpedal a car'?
43. 09wbd03516 (banned) posted on 04 Jun 2012, 07:28 1 1
aww... Taco is hurt... For watching an android girl throwing the iphone with the evil smile... Hope u wont get nightmare... BWAHAHAHA
47. remixfa posted on 04 Jun 2012, 07:49 0 1
stand behind my car and find out troll,.
81. E.N. posted on 04 Jun 2012, 18:22 1 0
back pedal a car, lol!
65. JunitoNH posted on 04 Jun 2012, 09:53 2 0
They always have an excuse, don't they? I'm wondering how many of them are actually lawyers.
80. E.N. posted on 04 Jun 2012, 18:18 3 0
Junito I was thinking the exact same thing, lol! Some of these Android users are big time hypocrites, its pretty amazing. I'm seeing some MAJOR backpedaling for real, lol.
42. 09wbd03516 (banned) posted on 04 Jun 2012, 07:24 1 0
but the galaxy note did not shatter like that... And it 5.3inch
46. remixfa posted on 04 Jun 2012, 07:49 0 0
true. well, lets do a note vs sgs3 and see what happens. lol
the only thing thats different about them is that the SGS2 is using gorilla glass 2, where the note uses GG1. GG2 is said to be stronger so they can make the glass thinner and reduce the size/weight of the phone a bit more. Maybe its not really as strong as advertised and needs to be brought back to original thickness?
49. ngo2dd posted on 04 Jun 2012, 07:51 5 1
Because he like to back pedal. Making excuse for his favorite phone. The one x survive the side drop and it 4.7 so just as big.
61. remixfa posted on 04 Jun 2012, 09:19 0 5
welcome to taco's level of stupidity and trolling. i hope you enjoy your stay at the bottom of the gene pool.
68. taco50 (banned) posted on 04 Jun 2012, 11:40 4 2
He made a great point. Why did the One X survive and not Samsung. Please give us you're definitive and obnoxious answer.
89. u-suck-more posted on 08 Jun 2012, 09:04 0 0
surprise surprise he ignored the question
30. shadez10 posted on 04 Jun 2012, 05:46 2 1
totally agree... SGS2 is tougher than the SGS3... i wonder why gorilla glass 2 is so easy to break?.. xD
i was disappointed at the S3's design when it was unveiled and now its durability is questionable... hmmmm... thats why i always consider a nokia phone even its not android OS... because i always accidentally drop my phone... xD
32. SherlockHolmes posted on 04 Jun 2012, 06:04 2 0
ONE X can be a choice because it is tougher than these 2 if you like !!
I recently changed from Android to Windows all I can say that Windows is very cool and smooth but mainly lacks in Apps and Games !!
35. shadez10 posted on 04 Jun 2012, 06:59 1 0
i was going to get a new windows phone but i changed my mind...
because it lacks many functions such as bluetooth file transfer which i use daily and others... but its pretty smooth though... =D
13. SherlockHolmes posted on 04 Jun 2012, 03:12 3 0
HTC ONE X can bear way more shocks than these two for sure !!
57. jackhammeR posted on 04 Jun 2012, 08:57 0 1
oh yeah? you' better watched the video and see how htx behaves.....no better than these two
74. ngo2dd posted on 04 Jun 2012, 13:23 1 0
The one X survive the side test, the SGS3 did not. Only a few phone can survive the glass first test.
77. SherlockHolmes posted on 04 Jun 2012, 15:04 1 0
Hey HTC ONE X survived from Waist , Chest and Head heights !!
So please be careful before you speak !!
14. khamboo posted on 04 Jun 2012, 03:25 8 1
watch this video very carefully corning and samsung mobile manufacturer . really big disapointment :(
19. Jay_F posted on 04 Jun 2012, 03:32 3 0
The results are pretty surprising to me. I mean the 4s did exactly as expected since it's obviously known what happens to dropped iPhones, but to see how badly the S3 did is what surprised me... Always put a case on your phones, even though it detracts from a phone's beauty, your phone will always look better in a case than having a shattered screen. If you don't want a case insurance is definitely the way to go. Thankfully more complete insurance plans are being offered now for phones.
26. SherlockHolmes posted on 04 Jun 2012, 05:21 3 0
Everyone would already be covering their S3 with a case due to it's Ugly Design if I am not mistaken !!