Root your DROID X with just one click
This article contains unofficial information.
Motorola DROID X MB810 Review | Specifications
source: AllDroid (download zip file)
2. avengedfo7ld posted on 28 Jul 2010, 17:46 0
I have successfully tried this method to root and unroot my Droid X. Thanks to Silent for such an easy work around as ADB shell was not recognizing my device on my 64 bit pc's in the command prompt. Wireless tether is up and running perfectly! Onward to the bootloader!
3. fishpower187 posted on 28 Jul 2010, 18:17 0
This is way-rad-cool. Now I just have to patiently wait for August 3 for my new toy to ship!
15. PapaJay224 posted on 30 Jul 2010, 11:54 0
@xmguy1, originally it was! You could actually go on the market and download SholesMod when it was out and the app itself rooted your phone for you, it was fantastic. Then they all got in a cat fight and split up to DroidMod and the program fell off the market and that team whent to shit IMO. To get it on the market you had to donate 5$ then the team split with your money and ran, and didnt support future updates to 2.1 etc. When Droid 1 got 2.1 it took a while before they fixed root capabilities.
5. tedkord posted on 28 Jul 2010, 18:44 0
Uh oh. This'll probably push back the official 2.2 update as they work to plug this up with it. But, man - these guys are incredible! Great work!
6. jherz6 posted on 28 Jul 2010, 18:53 0
so what does rooting it do for you? has anyone rooted there droid and with what success?
7. networkdood posted on 28 Jul 2010, 18:58 0
I told you guys when PHONEARENA first blabbed this that someone would find a way to root the X. I rooted by CAPTIVATE last week and it runs fantastic, no WiFi issues - the original i9000 stock is better than i897 with AT&T.
8. dramadawgz (unregistered) posted on 28 Jul 2010, 19:37 0
Wow i can't get over the fact that Cali_E used the word "Dope"..... man that is hard core old School. lol
10. Mightymack posted on 29 Jul 2010, 09:11 0
im not to sure about the rooting and things. what does that mean/do?
11. cc16177 posted on 29 Jul 2010, 10:22 0
1.www.google.com 2. "im not to sure about the rooting and things. what does that mean/do?" 3. Enter.
13. vzw fanman posted on 29 Jul 2010, 10:53 0
it let's you modify/use features of the droid that aren't meant to be tampered with/used.
14. Cali_E posted on 29 Jul 2010, 15:43 0
theres apps u cant use unless ur rooted like root explorer, chachemate, wifiteather, etc.. that give you new fuctionality of ur phone as well as more control. you can also load custom themes and overclock ur processor (depending on what processor u have) another cool thing is the ability to underclock processors so that ur battery lasts longer. theres all kinds of hacks and tweaks that make the phone THAT much more appealing
16. HDWYBEL posted on 09 Aug 2010, 12:32 0
I have gotten the droid x root on to my phone it is in the file " download " but what do i have to do with it after that ?
20. tdunn1986 (unregistered) posted on 11 Jan 2011, 19:59 0
Having problems trying to root it. It tells me rooting fail. When it says toggle then hit continue it says root fail please help?
21. freelily89 (unregistered) posted on 09 Feb 2011, 08:38 0