RAR is the Android version of WinRAR, available on Android for free
Just as its full-fledged desktop peer, RAR for Android can mend broken ZIP and RAR archives. Encryption, recovery records, recovery volumes, and creating solid archives are some additional features that have made their way to the mobile version of the popular tool. Even more, RAR can make use of multiple CPU cores in order to compress and extract data faster.
WinRAR is popular for its never-ending free trial license. RAR for Android, however, is completely free to download and use as long as you like.
Download: RAR (Android)
1. UglyFrank (Posts: 537; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
That beautiful free trial license, a gift from above
3. hafini_27 (Posts: 274; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
I prefer Zarchiver but the original winrar is still worth trying. Thanks for the information.
4. buccob (Posts: 1539; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
ES File Explorer already gives this functionality to some extent
5. Evilsj (Posts: 10; Member since: 03 Dec 2012)
I love ESFE, but I can't seem to figure out how to extract password protected files.
6. buccob (Posts: 1539; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
hmmm I have made some password protected zip files, but I haven't tried opening ones that I didn't make in the phone itself yet...
I will let you know
7. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 772; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Make use of multiple cores? Time to adopt octa-core :)