Qualcomm talks Snapdragon 800 with Quick Charge 2.0 and Voice Activation
1. drpain (Posts: 85; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
Qualcomm seems to have the best processors at the moment. The next place manufactures need to improve is battery life. Screens are generally pretty good at 1080p (expect the xperia z). Android has matured quite nicely.
13. easy.going (Posts: 1; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
You guys are very easy to please i mean qualcomm give a new chip and you guys hark at it. Just wait for Apple to come out this summer with quad core and the new 544 quad gpu. It will absolutely trounce anything snapdragon has to offer including the 800. As for the s4 using the snapdragon 600 bwahaha i told you all that was so, but there was so much denial going around bwahaha
17. jroc74 (Posts: 5274; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
You are talking about gpu's....this article is talking about faster charging, voice command...based on cpu features.
Performance, it's so close now as is with all these chips, a better gpu is...meh.
Features because of the chip....nice.
22. D_Tech-tive (Posts: 104; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Regardless of what Icrap phone you have it has less features than most mid level Android phones, and we're easy to please...Ha ha ha!
When and if Apple ever has more to offer then holla!
30. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Did you read what you typed?? You say that to Android while you yourself are floating in Apple's arms! You're doing the same thing... If i were to pick the fool, i would choose you. Snapdragon x00 series has been released...Apple's chip is still somewhere digging. Dude!!
34. tedkord (Posts: 6813; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
And then, in IOS 10 Apple will give you always on voice support and quick charge, and it will be magical.
And we're easy to please? You're singing the praises of a CPU/GPU that hasn't been announced, let alone has any features known. But it had the only feature that matters to you - it will be in a device with a bitten Apple logo on the back.
18. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
u r right but we need implementation of these processors AS SOON AS POSSIBLE... i dont understand why are these huge companies so greedy that they introduce great chipsets and then tell the world they would use em in products in "2nd half of the year" which actually is more than 6 months... i want a device powered by this beast at MWC which should be available by,say, April... how does that sound???;)
19. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
I am sure there is going to be devices runing on the new 800 at mwc although it will probably be on a tablit or on a phone not coming to america. Well actually I forgot do they display tablets at mwc or is it just phones that are on the to do list
2. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
These thing pack quite a punch. No longer crapdragon indeed. Samsung got some competition.
4. eshwarnag (Posts: 19; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
but i wish snapdragon 800 was included in the HTC one
7. TheStanleyFTW (Posts: 168; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
Just wait some months and HTC will announce HTC One + with bigger battery and bla bla bla.. .XD
14. darkskoliro (Posts: 1056; Member since: 07 May 2012)
they said they wouldnt release any more "+" devices
6. bakhtawar (Posts: 41; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
Sony 2h flagship had this processor superb :)
8. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It seems that newer the Qualcomm chipset the higher the speeds - the S4 Pro is clocked at 1,5GHz, the 600 of the Optimus G Pro and HTC One at 1,7GHz - and a said-to-be Qualcomm Galaxy SIV at 1,9GHz - it that the Snapdragon 800 variant???
9. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
No, it's the Sd 600.
Maximum clock speed of that chip is 1.9ghz.
800 will be out in second half of the year, in case you missed that
16. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
The Snapdragon 600 maxing out at 1.9GHz doesn't mean that every 1.9GHz chip in the world is a Snapdragon 600. And while schedule for the 800 is indeed 2nd half of the year (the SIV hits the shelves April to June mind you), don't you think if the largest phone maker in the world says "I'll buy 100.000.000 of the 800 chip or go somewhere else" Qualcomm speeds things up to make a fortune? They're in for the profit too in case you missed that. ;)
But since certain phones get custom made chips (yes, like Apple), it's possible that the 1.9GHz found in the SIV is some sort of 600/800 inbetweener, designed for Samsung. Since everything is speculation and so far all 600 variants are announced at 1.7GHz, my guess is as good as any.
20. Phullofphil (Posts: 801; Member since: 10 Feb 2009)
I dont think there is a inbetweener there is either the 600 or 800. And if there out in the second half. Its for sure deal that there are devices already made fore testing made and in the hands of all companies that need to test
10. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
The year of the Snapdragon!
Intel can only dream to challenge it in mobile space.
Seriously advanced chips.
If I can charge the battery in 20 minutes, that's a huge deal.
11. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1063; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I can't wait until we see console/pc quality games available for phones
12. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
You won't wait long.. real racing 3, shadowgun dead zone volume 2, modern combat 5 last war, etc..
23. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
I don't know what you are smoking but none of those game are close to the ps3 or Xbox 360. Hell they are not close to the vita
27. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Show me a Vita game that compares to this.
And don't act like you know s**t just because you played with your console.
I played grand tourismo 5 on PS3, and I don't need anyone telling me how close or not to that these graphics are.
They ARE CLOSE ENOUGH.
Are you a butthurt Vita owner?
Because the Cod black ops declassified is just shockingly bad compared to the modern combat 4.
You have no idea what you talk about, period
28. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
..Also, I was referring to the next versions of shadowgun and modern combat.
Running on the highest end phones of 2013, they will be comparable to xbox 360 games.
Just wait and see
32. Muzhhur (Posts: 256; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
its not about graphics, its about xperience and there is no way that any movil phone surpase any console nor pc games, thats not true, Agrre with you
15. davin8r (Posts: 45; Member since: 28 Apr 2011)
Playstation 4 will be announced tomorrow, and new Xbox should be announced soon as well, in addition to the new GeForce Titan PC desktop video card announced yesterday. The bar is always moving higher.
29. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
But the PS3 and xbox 360 will still be produced and sold years from now.
And in a year, mobile graphics will surpass them.
Btw, Titan is nothing ground breaking.
Current ASUS ARES is easily a faster GPU (aadmittedly, a dual card but still)
33. Muzhhur (Posts: 256; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
yes but these new consoles cannot apply for games like MMO, PC is for pro xperiences
21. D_Tech-tive (Posts: 104; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Loving the new features and specs!
Due for new phone in fall. ; )
24. luabin (Posts: 30; Member since: 29 Jul 2012)
or i should say its coming to new NOKIA flagship this year?! EOS bring it on!!!
25. Taters (Posts: 4359; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
If Samsung needs to they should delay the GS4 enough to incorporate this chip instead of the 600. That is if the Exynos Octa isn't ready yet. Then it would be game over HTC One and Xperia Z before it even begins.
26. b1acktiger (Posts: 213; Member since: 19 May 2012)
Snapdragon series chipsets is crushing everyone.
31. Muzhhur (Posts: 256; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Its sounds so good, to not depend on internet connection, just few countries in the world have acceptable carriers and good download-upload speed.