Qualcomm brags about its Quick Charge 1.0 Snapdragon tech that tops up your phone 40% faster
1. Firedrops (Posts: 215; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Apple would've released an entirely new generation of devices marketed entirely around this.
+1 Qualcomm for actual innovation and humbleness
11. samashok (Posts: 5; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
Apple Sucks.... wish apple gets erased from the face of the Earth....
2. hung2900 (Posts: 815; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
"The rapid juicing technology is being already used on phones like the Droid DNA, Lumia 920 or the Nexus 4, and without it those phones would have charged for more than four hours, while now the total time is less than three."
My Note2 with the massive 3100 mAh battery is full-charged for about 2.5 - 2.75 hours without it.
But fast charging is not always good for battery long living.
4. Aeires (unregistered)
I thought about battery life as well but when you take into consideration the newer battery technology and how most people keep phones for only a couple of years, shouldn't be that bad. Even if it does diminish overall battery performance near the end, batteries are a lot cheaper than they used to be.
8. rallyguy (Posts: 572; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Exactly. By having a removable battery this isn't an issue at all really.
6. juanyunis (Posts: 72; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Exactly my Note 2 also charges very fast and we are not using "Quick Charge 1.0", so yeah maybe Qualcomm made something good but Samsung too. The good thing here is that we are reaching new and better technologies, and Qualcomm/Samsung are in the scene.
3. wando77 (Posts: 311; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
My galaxy s3 fully charges in around 1.5hrs without this
7. XaErO (Posts: 157; Member since: 25 Sep 2012)
Agree that S3 is one of the best android available in market; but still it does not hold true to charge the battery fully in 1.5 hours ..
9. thephoneguy92 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
It's pretty close believe it or not. Mine charged up pretty quick
10. zig8100 (Posts: 140; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Quad Core? Cause mine takes forever. One of the reasons I got an extra battery. US GS3 here. Daul Core.
12. nexus718 (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
No wonder, because my nexus 4 charger in about 2 hours and 15 min according to battery widget reborn
13. samsungcaptivateglide777 (Posts: 13; Member since: 22 Jul 2012)
To bad its not for the S3 chips...