Poll results: How important is your smartphone's front-facing camera to you?
- How important is your smartphone's front-facing camera to you?
737 votes (737 votes) It's very important to me
982 votes (982 votes) It's a consideration
452 votes (452 votes) It's unimportant to me
290 votes (290 votes) It's absolutely irrelevant to me
1. aayupanday (Posts: 458; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Have a feeling that the New HTC One will change the front facing camera landscape...
2. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 725; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
The front facing camera on the old HTC One is still pretty good, the wide-angle lens is really useful and the overall quality of the camera is much better than ordinary front facing cameras.
24. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 686; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
Wasn't the HTC Windows Phone 8X the first one to have that camera?
5. papss (unregistered)
I have to agree.. I'm pretty excited to get the official numbers on the phone next week and to see when it will launch. If it comes with a 5mp shooter on the front that will be a huge upgrade to what is currently out.
23. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
I also hate front facing cams because they can be used to spy on me.
4. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 825; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
This is an area that Nokia has been lacking. I've been waiting a long time for someone to slap a 5MP camera on the front and another LED flash module.
6. mayur007 (Posts: 360; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
lacking not just only in camera in os aswell
7. papss (unregistered)
I disagree but that's your opinion
16. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 501; Member since: 20 May 2012)
You disagree with everyone and everything son.
8. AfterShock (Posts: 2125; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
An option rarely used in my case.
Non the less, it'd be nice to see that be upgraded.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 10123; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Based on how handsome the jedster is, I'd say very. 10 selfies a day will suffice. If I was a smurf, I'd be vanity, only more muscular. I friggin rock.
11. PAPINYC (Posts: 2186; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
You are a Smurf and a Troll, too. And, don't insult Vanity, I loved her in Action Jackson and The Last Dragon. Now, see, there's an example, if you looked like Taimak, I would give you props' but you look more like BeetleJuice, so, stop lying to yourself. And, stop breakin' them' mirrors!!
12. KingDingaLing (Posts: 119; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
Damn! Called you BeetleJuice! LOL! You gonna take that? And PAPINYC, he looks pretty swoll! He may be able to take you.
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 10123; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I don't even trip off random internet wannabe tough guys bro. Besides real men don't go on tech sites to diss other guys looks. As Jay-Z says "males shouldn't be jealous, that's a female trait". Feel me?
14. KingDingaLing (Posts: 119; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
"He who does not feel me, is not real to me. So poof, vamoose SOB!"
18. PAPINYC (Posts: 2186; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
It's great how you two "feel" each other. I'm gonna +1 you both for being so open.
20. PAPINYC (Posts: 2186; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Ohhhhh, I'm shaking in my boots. Seriously, though, most of that is water weight; nothing to fear. Unless, of course, he tries to run me over with that commuter bus.
27. lyndon420 (Posts: 1687; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
You sure are into yourself these days dark. Remember this is a tech site...i'm sure there are sites out there that are better suited for guys like you who love talking about muscles with other guys.
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 10123; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I didn't talk about anything with other guys. I posted he commented, don't be a hater bro, and yes I am into my self. Health fitness looks smarts, and family. How could I not be, I'm a hunk dude.
10. PAPINYC (Posts: 2186; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
OMG .... how many more times are you guys going to attempt to suck and squeeze money out of The Oscars 'Ellen selfie story'???
It's OVER Johnny, get over it!!
17. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 501; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Because Sammy is paying them, catch a clue.
19. PAPINYC (Posts: 2186; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I thought the big eViL Cupertino SlÅve Master was paying them?!
22. hanzawhtet7 (Posts: 10; Member since: 01 Dec 2012)
OPPO Find 7 has 5MP front-facing camera.
25. zachattack (Posts: 534; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
I for one can't wait to see the m8's 5 ultra pixel front facing camera, i've wanted manufacturers to do this for forever. I don't like having to guess where my face is and if it looks good taking 50 shots. Can't wait 25th YEEEEE
26. lyndon420 (Posts: 1687; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I think it's important if you are into video chats.