Initial Galaxy S6 (left) vs Galaxy S7 (right) iconography
Poll results: Do you like Samsung's new TouchWiz 'squircle' icons?
1. Mr_Popo (Posts: 17; Member since: 29 Feb 2016)
The shape conforms to our perception of the 'pressure map' of a keypress, making it more intuitive to use than it's rivals. Phenomenal and visionary from Samsung, a single painter's stroke, if that painter were on the level of Leonardo Da Vinci, Rembrandt or Bob Ross.
4. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2708; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
This comment right here almost makes me cancel my pre-order of the S7 edge
31. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
I prefer the old style Touchwiz.
But Mxzyptlk says: it looks cartoonist. Rather this looks cartoonist.
This looks fugly.
9. PureA (Posts: 5; Member since: 18 Nov 2015)
I prefer to have the original app icons, and then I can change it to what I like, not fan of that, they decide what is better for me, no need of extra bloatware, I hate it when they treat us as we don't know about play store, there are too many launchers and there is Icon Changer app anyone can use them if he or she want that.
12. Mr_Popo (Posts: 17; Member since: 29 Feb 2016)
People are too spoilt and unappreciative of the beautiful tapestry that is TouchWiz.
It almost has an erotic quality...It makes me want to TouchJizz.
20. dimas (Posts: 1920; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
I admire your enthusiasm but when you said touchjizz, I think you should stop hugging kami-sama's dragonballs too much.
22. hexa-core. (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 28 Feb 2016)
I dislike the new icons too.
The Nature UX icons are better.
2. aegislash (Posts: 225; Member since: 27 Jan 2015)
Not a fan. They still don't look very *material-esque* at all, and just look so out of place when paired with any sort of material wallpaper.
I love Samsung phones...but I always use Nova + icon packs, due to Samsung's stock icons looking terrible since basically the beginning.
5. GreenMan (Posts: 936; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
The whole body Touchwiz is looking terrible since....
Ring any bells? Nah, most of you are too young to remember it...
Have a G'Day!
6. GreenMan (Posts: 936; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
I meant: The whole bloody Touchwiz...
I'm new to this swipey keyboard thingy!
28. Wiencon (Posts: 1784; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
You really are trying hard to be another big PA's douchebag
41. GreenMan (Posts: 936; Member since: 09 Nov 2015)
@wiencon I speak for truth, young fellow...!
With age comes wisdom, and my wisdom suggests that "The truth shall set you free"...
7. legiloca (Posts: 1208; Member since: 11 Nov 2014)
Reminds me of the Symbian OS icons.. Anyone agree?
13. .KRATOS. (Posts: 309; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
The squircle definitely looks better then the old ones looks clean n uniform
15. keithtae (Posts: 341; Member since: 25 Mar 2015)
Definitely looks better than before. Makes the apps drawer looks tidied than ever. You can tell it's not as messy as the previous versions
17. dimas (Posts: 1920; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
I don't like the squircle but not a deal breaker. It's actually good that they are trying new things for their consumer's choice. I hope I can port sony's new circle ui's when I got an s7.
21. cnour (Posts: 573; Member since: 11 Sep 2014)
Symbian icons. No innovation even in icons. Copying company.
25. hexa-core. (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 28 Feb 2016)
Yet, Nokia doesn't sue Samsung over mere Symbian-like icons, like your iFruit company does over a meh slide-to-unlock, which is merely a gesture on the screen accompanied by any sort of animation!
24. Shocky (Posts: 2250; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Don't really care, not relevant anymore with the theme store and launchers.
27. hexa-core. (banned) (Posts: 58; Member since: 28 Feb 2016)
But you do understand that with custom launcers, you lose the exclusive TouchWiz features: Samsung Pay, Game Launcher... right?
Not to mention Samsung's awesome camera algorithm and OIS - they rely on the TouchWiz framework, which is not found in custom ROMS/Launchers.
30. MDave (Posts: 115; Member since: 09 Apr 2015)
That's bollocks. Do you even know what a launcher is? There's nothing special about them, they're engineered to be interchangeable.
40. Shocky (Posts: 2250; Member since: 16 May 2012)
You're confused, why would you lose the touchwiz framework by installing a launcher? That makes no sense.
52. JumpinJackROMFlash (Posts: 449; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
You have a point about custom ROMs, but a launcher definitely keeps the TouchWiz framework.
26. mrochester (Posts: 527; Member since: 17 Aug 2014)
Going more iOS like is only a good thing. Follow the leader Samsung.
35. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
IOs is ugly. Made for kids and grandads.
36. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
MrRochester I will be adding you in my :"dumbass" , list. Which are Apple.
29. MDave (Posts: 115; Member since: 09 Apr 2015)
No, but I don't care. I'm going to use Nova and a custom icon pack anyway. That's the beauty of Android.
38. kevin91202 (Posts: 519; Member since: 08 Jun 2014)
"...18% don't really care what shape are the icons on their phones or they use packs..." -PA (Daniel P.)
Huh? They use packs? What language is this?
43. skips (Posts: 150; Member since: 04 Oct 2015)
what in the goddamn hell is a squircle.
bro, keep it simple, its a rounded rectangle, gee.
45. khalid123 (Posts: 29; Member since: 27 Feb 2016)
every one still copies Nokia Samsung now copying Nokia's heart symbian
47. MichiGo (Posts: 168; Member since: 09 Sep 2014)
Who cares. you can theme it if you dont like it
48. FrankUnderwood2 (Posts: 210; Member since: 01 Oct 2015)
A mix of Alcatel's and Xiaomi 's MiUi icons. But a good one I must say
53. JumpinJackROMFlash (Posts: 449; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
Resist the dark side, you must!