Pictures allegedly show internal components of the Apple iPhone 5
The earphone jack is seen in both black and white indicating that the next-gen iPhone will be available in both colors. And if you're wondering what they creepy looking part is, the one that resembles a robotic monster with one eye and a clawed foot, that is supposed to be the phone's proximity light sensor flex cable pointing to a design change in the upcoming model according to Kyle Wiens of iFixit. He notes that this version of the proximity light sensor flex cable for the new iPhone 5 parts doesn’t have a microphone, while the iPhone 4 model of the part has the power button, noise canceling mic and proximity/ambient light sensors on the part.
If you're wondering what might be new in the Apple iPhone 5, we can start with the processor, expected to be an A5 dual-core chip and a perhaps a larger 4 inch screen that runs from edge to edge. A bump up to an 8MP camera is also expected. As we reported, the latest speculation is that the Apple iPhone 5 will be introduced next month.
source: Truesupplier, TVC-Mall, MacPost via BGR
1. IEatApples posted on 16 Aug 2011, 13:18 10 1
I wonder if they will be able to make it thinner then the galaxy s2. That would actually make it look very appealing, especially if they go back to a metal back. Iphones are great looking phones, to bad you cant run android on them it would be perfect then.
2. E.N. posted on 16 Aug 2011, 13:36 4 0
Or you can just buy the Samsung Galaxy SII if you want Android that bad.
6. iPiss (unregistered) posted on 16 Aug 2011, 14:22 1 7
Actually, Android is ported over to the iPhone, but who in their right mind would run Android on their iPhones when they already have iOS on their iPhones?!
23. Wowe1234 (unregistered) posted on 17 Aug 2011, 18:33 0 0
OMG... The new Iphone looks like an Octopussy ;-O
24. Nice625 (unregistered) posted on 17 Aug 2011, 18:36 0 0
13. NeXoS posted on 16 Aug 2011, 17:38 1 5
Those parts have been photoshopped to make them look like the internal parts of the Galaxy S II.
21. PeterIfromsweden posted on 17 Aug 2011, 03:04 0 2
Should run bada on the iPhone, that would make it alot better ; )
22. eli577 posted on 17 Aug 2011, 03:20 0 0
I think that 8,5 mm thickness of the SGS2 is already a little too thin. If the Iphone 5 would be thinner, than I say it will become a disadvantage.
3. Droid? (unregistered) posted on 16 Aug 2011, 13:54 3 0
Omg you told him! Now get off your moms laptop and go play outside.
4. quakan posted on 16 Aug 2011, 14:06 2 0
please apple don't make it skinnier than the iPhone 4...I'm not a fan of anorexic phones.
5. E.N. posted on 16 Aug 2011, 14:18 2 0
I'm against anorexia too but iPhone 4 is really not that thin in my opinion.
10. quakan posted on 16 Aug 2011, 16:20 1 0
I don't think so either that's why I don't want apple to make it thinner because then they might just be pushing it.
7. WirelessCon posted on 16 Aug 2011, 14:48 1 0
Do you think that Apple will End of Life the iPhone 3GS when the iPhone 5 hits?
12. cncrim posted on 16 Aug 2011, 17:15 0 0
More likely yes, Apple will even discontinue it even quicker if the Dev Team can downgrade the Baseband for unlock.
8. newboy17 posted on 16 Aug 2011, 15:05 0 0
guys i need ur help.......
i wan buy a phone......... so i dun x android phones better or i phone's better?
anyone can help me
9. Moo (unregistered) posted on 16 Aug 2011, 15:56 2 0
Anyone that still has an old iphone should dump it before the next one arrives. You may lose more money on it if you do not.
newboy17 its up to you I owned an iphone 3g for 2 1/2 years. Back then only other real choice was blackberry (not for me). Android was in its infancy then.
I now own a Nexus S android phone. I enjoy it more than my iPhone because you can do more with it and you have more choices on hardware.
I would suggest trying to mess with both from a friend or relatives and try to use it for a day and see what you think.
11. hey! (unregistered) posted on 16 Aug 2011, 16:38 1 0
hey anyone notice that the 3.5 mm jack is colored!!!!!!! (black or white) that means the iphone 5 won't have a metal frame!!!!! and it also means that it won't be curved on the sides since the 3.5 mm jack is not curved at all!!!
14. quakan posted on 16 Aug 2011, 17:41 0 0
i noticed that as well...I won't go as far to say i agree with your claims but you may be onto something.
16. andro (unregistered) posted on 16 Aug 2011, 18:51 0 0
wow this changes nothing again again,islaves are drooling over their 'new' phones internals
17. AngusNG12345 posted on 16 Aug 2011, 19:49 0 0
"what they creepy looking part is"
20. george_g (unregistered) posted on 17 Aug 2011, 01:43 0 0
Are joking ?What's that?