Nokia tells Samsung to "have a break"
1. pokedude750 (Posts: 28; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
AND NOKIA GOES FOR THE OFFENSE HE SHOOTS AND NOTHING HAPPENS
33. joey_sfb (Posts: 3534; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
A would rather Nokia compete with real features and benefits to their consumer that way Samsung might throw in a bit of extra for my notes 3 purchase.
2. vandroid (Posts: 314; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
Lol at Nokia, getting big headed. Their cameras are good but their flagships have been the same every year with the same specs but an updated camera. Nokia will never be a threat to Samsung
9. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The real threat to Samsung is Sony and LG. A non android device as of right now is no threat to Samsung. Samsung is probably making more $ in a day than Nokia makes in a year.
66. kalloud (Posts: 129; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
No he isn't! God is able to create whatever he wants and he doesn't need humans to do that!
78. kalloud (Posts: 129; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
Yes it does, check this out:
And please watch the whole film (wich is based on scientific facts) and don't get bored.
75. amats69 (Posts: 1140; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Id!ots! Can you please leave God out of this?
25. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 411; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
I think Nokia just makes fun of the stupid names Google assigns to it OS-Versions. I can't wait for Gummy-Bear-Android, Marshmallow-Android or Pretzel-Android. The pre-final version of Android will be named Fat-Droid, followed by Heart-Attack-Droid.
65. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1392; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
You wait a very very long time for Gummy-Bear. You do know G comes before J(elly Bean) in the alphabet? And I won't even mention the F and H reference. It's a lame joke, and quite dumb as well
74. HansGoneInsane (Posts: 411; Member since: 09 Aug 2013)
Sorry for making use of my artistic freedom! Sorry for breaking your heart too! I feel also sorry for you loving an OS so much that you feel the necessity to defend Android in this way. Just don't take it personal, makes your life much easier.
28. akki20892 (Posts: 3707; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
what about your iphone, see your iphone first.........LOLOLOLOLOL
wait and watch lumia 1520 is coming......then say....!!!
40. AstronautJones (Posts: 275; Member since: 01 Aug 2012)
I am interested to see what happens with the possible 1520. I love my Note 2, but I will always be open to other devices.
I had a Nokia N97 and loved the design and build quality, but Symbian was an absolutely awful experience in the U.S.
Everything was geared towards Europeans.
35. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 864; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
I love how so many people keep saying Nokia this Nokia that... all they have is their camera...
You do realize that the camera is the ONLY thing Nokia has any control over, right? It's not like they can wake up tomorrow and say here are all the phone features that you guys haven't seen on our phones yet that you've wanted.
It's Microsoft's fault that the OS still has a long ways to go to catch up to what Android has and can let devs do. That being said, Nokia won't ever become a threat because Nokia won't be around anymore haha.
I do think that the king of the hill will only be there for so long though. Companies rise and fall. They all slip at some point, so even if Microsoft isn't the one to topple Samsung, somebody else will.
61. blackeye117 (Posts: 13; Member since: 24 Dec 2011)
"Nokia Will Never Be A Threat To Samsung"
Let Nokia Build a Android Flagship And I'll Ask You then What Nokia Can Do To Samsung , ,
Well I Dont like Android I dont Have Any Problem With Nokia And WP , thats my Personal Liking :)
3. gazmatic (Posts: 628; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
this is funny
of course butt hurt fandroids will take offense and spew vitriol
probably down vote every anti copysung comment
12. Commentator (Posts: 2577; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I like The Verge's article title better:
"Nokia issues Samsung a KitKat death threat on Twitter"
I have to applaud Nokia on the quick turnaround, it's only been a day since the KitKat announcement and they already churned out a pretty cool graphic. Maybe they had some inside information.
Either that or that picture already existed. I'm sure there's quite a bit of Samsung destruction imagery floating around Espoo.
19. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3049; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm ready for an announcement from Nokia.
34. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1058; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
hey guys i found this petition to keep the nokia brand on their phoneshttp://www.change.org/en-AU/petitions/microsoft-nokia-keep-the-nokia-branding instead of ewwy microsoft brand sign and share please
also ahahaha gotta love nokia with their word plays they have time on their hands
70. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
Funny! I just want to let you know that Your Poor Poor Poor Beloved Nokiass is now resting in peace. Their Board and recent C.E.O's mislead them. Poor, poor poor Nokiass. Now that Eeewy Microsoft owns Nokia. Sigh! -__- Nokia will never EVER be threat to Samsung, hahaha Yes Nokiass had its Time but since S2, S3, S4, Note 1, 2 and now Note 3 appeared It has fallen very down. Hahah! Truth hurts does it? haha! Even iPhones are way way better than any Crapdows Nokia Lumiyaks. hahaha!
4. duhem_q (Posts: 4; Member since: 02 Sep 2013)
Yet again, begging for attention like a little boy...
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3049; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Yup, it certainly did get your attention.
5. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3049; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I'm not very sure if this is 'THE' Nokia talking or the Microsoft inside Nokia talking now.
76. -box- (Posts: 3915; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
All Nokia. The acquisition won't be complete (if it goes through) until early 2014.
7. cR203 (Posts: 190; Member since: 27 Jan 2013)
Of course Nokia is hating. They need to realize they will never have a flagship as big as the note 3 or any note device for that matter.
31. maccess (Posts: 635; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
don't worry nokia will come up with big lumia phablet with screen full of thousand tiles and it can do ANYTHING like uhm.. uuhh.. other windows phone can do.. nothing more.. nothing special..
8. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Haha... maybe they was talking about the "kikat" update..you know, how in the commericial, they break them in half?
36. Trismegistus (Posts: 32; Member since: 21 Aug 2013)
Thank goodness that we have people who are willing to explain the joke.
10. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
These ads make a lot more sense now, has the MS Scroogled influence all over them. Reminds me of how Steve Jobs always talked about Android, you tend to focus on what gets in your way more than your own product when things aren't going the way you think they should be.
11. Foxytail (Posts: 4; Member since: 11 Nov 2012)
Sorry Nokia. Samsung don't break into half, Samsung break record. Just for your info Nokia you did break into more than half too :)
17. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2015; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Yea you right... they just crack, and shatter
43. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1058; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Samsung didn't break records nokia broke records when they were on top they had over double the lead on their opponents !
54. VZWuser76 (Posts: 2062; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
You do realize the mobile landscape back then was nowhere near as competitive as it is right now. Your comment is the same as someone saying no one could touch someone like Babe Ruth or Ted Williams. Put those two up against today's top athletes and they'd be crushed.
71. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
Gosh, typical pathetic Nokiass Fanboy. Yes, Lame Nokia Led the competition but that was so BEFORE. Now from 2011 to 2013 its been Samsung and Apple battling for top spot. And up to now, Samsung breaks record. Just look at their net income from 2011 up to this quarter. Figures don't lie mah friend! Samsung Leads now and will do for the next 20 years! hahhah
13. GeekMovement (Posts: 1590; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Nokia jealous of the note 3 obviously.
72. Samsungadroidrules (Posts: 104; Member since: 28 Jul 2013)
Yeah Absolutely JEALOUS! Hahaha R.I.P Nokiass!
14. frydaexiii (Posts: 1241; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Haha, the relationship between Nokia/Microsoft and Android OEMs(mostly Samsung) and Apple is the same as Plankton and Mr Krabbs. Plankton can rant, whine, try to blow up the Krusty Krab and trying to steal customers using underhanded methods, but in the end, he just wants the same success that Krabbs has.
Also, most of the time, Mr Krabbs doesn't even give a crap what Plankton is up to (or that his advances are just so ignorable *cough*Lumia 10whogivesadamn)
15. Commentator (Posts: 2577; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Meanwhile, Mr. Krabs is a miser who demands that his employees pay him (when Spongebob started, he had to pay Mr. Krabs $100 an hour) he's cheap, doesn't give anything away for free (including napkins), is old and slow, and has a "daughter" who is somehow of a completely different species.
At least Plankton has a loving wife, and thousands of loving relatives who will rush to his support at a moment's notice.
21. frydaexiii (Posts: 1241; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
At least he has loyal employees (ok, loyal employee).
lol, Planktons wife is a computer (Siri much), thats like touching yourself at night trying ti convince yourself you aren't lonely. Also, his loving relatives are basically idiots who can't do anything (Hello Windows 8 and Xbox One)
22. Commentator (Posts: 2577; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
You're being too kind about the relatives. I would say the relatives are the thousands of fanboys who rush out to blindly defend Nokia's every flaw and block out every valid point.
Meanwhile, Squidward is the iPhone, in that he's always snobby and thinks he's better than everything else.
Patrick is BlackBerry (I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to why that is.)
20. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
You know, for as simple and unassuming the analogy looks I feel like thats spot on!
Thanks for your comment I'll be thinking about that one for a while :)
16. promise7 (Posts: 488; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Nokia wants Samsung to literally take a break because Nokia is falling so far behind and needs time to catch up.
23. Commentator (Posts: 2577; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Ye of little faith...
Nokia got along for over 100 YEARS without being a cell phone manufacturer. Even after MS takes their phone division, I'd bet on them being around for quite a bit longer.
24. GoVinci (Posts: 16; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Desperate times call for desperate measure.
Sad to see Nokia succumbing to the pressure. Nokia has been manipulated right from the start IMO.
29. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Nokia's waiting for formal "Adoption" by Foster father @ M$. So they have mentally taken a break and now want everyone else to do so ... Nokia is like a b@st@rd child till November when formal "adoption" is slated to go through.
32. mottykels (Posts: 372; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Have a break have a kitkat android 4.4 ;)
37. jeff_1 (Posts: 105; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
LOOOOL samsung no innovation keeps adding number on ram, processor, pixels..yet stupi*d consumers think it as awesome//lol
39. maccess (Posts: 635; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
go back to your cave.. you're not drunk.. just pure stupid!!
52. lalalaman (Posts: 435; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
Well he is right bt the upgrade was really needed...adding s4 features nd heavy specs sheet....s pen is an innovative thing I guess