Nokia Lumia 1020, EOS, 909…Elvis to retail for $602, will be available in three colors
We came across this leaked screenshot purportedly from a Microsoft employee for their retail store. The screen shows Elvis being called the Lumia 1020, but more interestingly, Elvis is listed in three colors, black, yellow and white.
The price shown is $602 per unit, so actual retail prices will certainly vary from location to location. What the subsidized price might end up being is anyone’s guess because we are pretty certain that Nokia has been incentivizing subsidies with its other devices and that trend is likely to continue.
The leakster explained that the date of 7/22/2013 in the bottom left is when that location is expected to receive the shipment which is only 11 days after the expected announcement. Add a day or so for it to be on the shelves and it is looking solid for a July launch of Elvis. That would certainly not be a bad thing, a device announcement with a price and with a release date (and a name). How often does that happen?
3. joshOps85 (Posts: 31; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
if honami doesnt impress i might actually consider this. im a sony fan but bought the new vaio pro 13 and its wondrous, i really like windows 8 and it actually makes android look quite ugly.
kind of wouldnt mind a vaio phone.
4. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
i agree with you if Honami disappoint me Eos will be my last option i love android but for me camera is one of the most useful and timeless feature.
5. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
What about the SONY VAIO Zseries Laptop?
I always dreamed of owning that piece of Art Laptop, but it was way to expensive at £3000
22. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
SONY laptops are totally irrelevant to this article.
18. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
I will go for NOKIA when it comes to camera.
Any day.. any time at any cost!
808, 925, N8 are enough for me to believe on Nokia!
6. phil2n (Posts: 478; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I remember last month 1 of the contributors here mentioned Nokia will not surpass 1000 on Lumia's name, but how come we've got 1020?. Anyway good luck Nokia.
15. roldefol (Posts: 3228; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Dunno where the previous info came from. 1020 = 920 + 100. Makes prefect sense to me.
7. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
If it's available unlocked, can't imagine the 925 selling all that well for folks "in the know".
Also, no cyan? WTH?
17. papss (unregistered)
I'm not sure I'm man enough for yellow
21. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Leaked pictures showed Elvis on red and cyan too. I saw them.
What about these colors?
We need in different colors Nokia. Please.
9. KiranPAUSER (Posts: 73; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
Super cool at this price. A quality point and shoot camera will not come in this range.
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5975; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
And when is PA going to get their review unit?
24. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
After the announcement.. Obviously.
11. ANANDALTER (Posts: 123; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
Its not true, probably the price will be exclusive of taxes. just 600$ for Elvis, impossible.
14. roldefol (Posts: 3228; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I believe the price (although the extra $3 is curious) because the off contract price of the 92x series is $499 US.
27. Maxwell.R (Posts: 182; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
The US does not have VAT, sales taxes are localized and some areas do not have sales tax at all. The state of Oregon for example does not have a sales tax, so the price you see is the price you pay.
29. ANANDALTER (Posts: 123; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
hmm you guys in US must be lucky, but in India, everything get doubled by taxes.
30. roldefol (Posts: 3228; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Yeah, and people here still complain that we pay too much tax. My home state threw a fit when the governor increased sales tax from 6% to 7% and then voted him out of office.
31. ANANDALTER (Posts: 123; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
as long as our tax money transforms into some useful infra structures, I dont care. But in india all our tax money transforms like this....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2G_spectrum_scam
12. papss (unregistered)
I'm going to say it....Nokia is getting my money. That would be a great price
28. DontHateOnS60 (Posts: 864; Member since: 20 Apr 2009)
GS4 is $640 from AT&T so I don't expect this to be more.