New ad shows how the Apple iPhone 5c and iOS 7 are a match made in heaven
The 16GB Apple iPhone 5s is $199.99 on contract with the 32GB version tagged at $299.99 and the 64GB model priced at $399.99. The 16GB Apple iPhone 5c is $99.99 while the 32GB version of the plastic, mid-range iPhone is $199.99. All of those prices require a two-year contract.'
Meanwhile, many of you have probably downloaded iOS 7 already. Don't forget to let us know if you're having any issues with the new iOS build. And if you want to see how Apple plans on promoting the new UI with the new iPhone 5c, click on the video below.
source: Apple via RedmondPie
1. Jklaz (Posts: 127; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
How does this show how they're designed for each other? It just is a bunch of random numbers and the phones
5. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5182; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Two great phones that are well designed. I can see where they are going.
7. Penny (Posts: 1338; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I think the point is just "color." Iphone 5C is designed to be simple and colorful, iOS 7 is designed to be simple (read: flat) and colorful.
21. appleDOESNT.com (banned) (Posts: 456; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
boring. nothing special. last years model but cheaper. bad looking android theme
22. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4145; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yes, yes, yes, meh. I wouldn't call iOS 7 advanced, but I wouldn't exactly call it behind either like iOS 6. It's progress at least, very promising progress.
29. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
you have to own the device and iOS 7 to understand. this video was perfect.
2. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Unfortunately this proves that IOS7 was not designed for the 5s. Pastel plasticky colours vs svelte aluminium look? Could not find a greater contrast.
20. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Everyone I have seen using it hates the new theme and IOS 7, I have used it in person on an iphone 5. It was laggy and does not look good at all compared to the phones scheme.
23. HansGoneInsane (unregistered)
Be quiet! iOS 7 BETA 6 was running smoothly even on my iPhone 4. And so far you could only have tested the Beta. You want to hate, so you spread hate.
30. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
i can agree with you on that. my initial reaction after i updated my phone and ipad was negative and it seemed iphone 5c-ish but after a few tweaks and background choices it works just fine for any iphone.
Apple did a great job. very advanced OS.
4. dancorcal (Posts: 38; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
IPhone 5c the phone for teenage girls. Who else would find that design appealing.
13. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Everyone with a sane mind and a good eye.
"We're not going to lie. The iPhone 5c is gorgeous -- we'd even argue that it's the most beautiful iPhone since the 4 and 4s."
"With the iPhone 5c, Apple's crafted something that's more than just the sum of its parts. It's easy to be cynical and dismiss this handset as just an iPhone 5 in a colorful plastic shell, but that's missing the point. There's no doubt that the 5c looks gorgeous and feels wonderful in hand."
- Engadget review of iPhone 5c
19. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The 4s was the same design as the 4 and the 5 was a small change at that.
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6878; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
One expensive plastic phone w/a horrible looking expensive case
9. mottykels (Posts: 372; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Are they shy of ip5c product? Why they make and case hiding the apple logo?
10. jan25 (Posts: 432; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
there's your problem, you have designed an OS on one of the ugliest handsets made in 2013.
11. Lakuta1978 (Posts: 57; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
my wife got crazy watching this video...she want the yellow one so badly...
sorry about my english^^
12. jael206 (Posts: 132; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Moto X offers better.. God bless Americaaaaaan-made phones!
14. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
I don't have a problem with the phone but the Connect 4 cases I don't understand. The leather 5S cases were really nice, the 5C ones look bad.
15. 1113douglas (Posts: 192; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
stop making something that is not good look amazing, the truth is that the iphone is the past.
25. xfire99 (Posts: 580; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
LOL, before everyone was complaining about Android phones were plastic and now suddenly no one mind plastic phones!
26. taikucing (unregistered)
Made in heaven? More like made in China LoL
27. Android4Ever (Posts: 86; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Whoever buys one of these expensive, trashy, mid range devices is remedial...
28. user996 (Posts: 202; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
i'm excited why no1 mentioned that 5C is cheap copy of lumia 620
31. AK4TAY7BEN (Posts: 6; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
Didn't care for the iphone 5c but i love lemaitre