Motorola DROID RAZR is now available with Verizon
1. terabyteRouser (Posts: 412; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Will they release the Nexus already! Verizon knows that most computer illiterate person would not buy a Gingerbread phone with an Ice Cream Sandwich model lying right next to it. So they keep shoving these phones down our throats and not even giving a release date for the Nexus.
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5527; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Horses for courses. The RAZRs specs are nothing to sneeze at. Add in a 10+ hour battery, and for some, the RAZR becomes compelling. The real interesting thing will be what the quad-core phones look like next year.
We are on a 6 to 9 month obsolescence cycle....
3. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I went to Verizon today, it was packed. About 10-20 people. This might be a good sign.
4. _TheGreatIam (Posts: 16; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Busily working at a Verizon Retailer.....nobody here. LAME!!!!
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5527; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Where do you work? In San Mateo, CA area, people are waiting at the VZW store for it to open at 11:11 a.m. Starbuck's seems to be benefiting from the waiters.... :-)
6. i3izkit311 (Posts: 28; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Got my razr yesterday, have been through one powercycle (went bottom to top) and I am at 8 hours of use, with 2X and an task killer and have 30% life... definitely better than the Thunderbolt, right about same as my bionic... only difference is when I hit 0 on the other two I swapped batteries, hope this non switching doesn\'t kill me.
On the flipside, I have gotten all kinds of compliments on the phone - looks and performance.
8. sgogeta4 (Posts: 391; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
Task killers make things worse. Haven't been useful since pre-Gingerbread.
10. hello (Posts: 25; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
i have a thunderbolt. battery sucks. getting one of these soon
7. earlyadapterboy81 (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
i went to frys today to check this phone out.... just not for me.... way too thin to grip properly and design is well i wouldn't say ugly but definately not pretty... NEXUS here i come
9. rhurk (Posts: 8; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Well I got mine and I love it, the wife is kinda jealous now she wants to take back here bionic lol
11. hello (Posts: 25; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
went to the vzw store today to check this thing out even though I'm not getting it for a while coolant look for too long because i had to leave but it was so cool. super thin. thinner than an iPod touch which is 7.2mm. the person i was with even said that it was some nice fancy ass thin phone. her words not mine.
12. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Its gonna be a BIG seller. Talk to one of the people that work at Verizon, then someone as Best Buy, Its been selling well. Thanks to the TV ads.
14. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I just heard that Moto is planning to launch 2 different types of RAZR in China.
- Dolby Digital cert (unit XT928)
- 13 mpx camera unit and 720p LCD screen available only for TD-SCDMA network (unit MT917)