Motorola DROID RAZR M 4G LTE press shot and specs leaked
If the Motorola DROID RAZR M 4G LTE is coming with a contract price of $149.99, that would seem to indicate a price for the Motorola DROID RAZR HD at $199.99., matching the Samsung Galaxy S III. If that's the case, Verizon could keep the current $99.99 for the Mototola DROID RAZR and perhaps give a little haircut to the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX.
1. wendygarett (limited) posted on 27 Aug 2012, 21:42 1 3
lol advanced gorila glass? How advanced will it be compare to other gorila glass?
3. nyuvo posted on 27 Aug 2012, 21:46 6 0
Super Amoled Advanced screen. Gorilla glass 2 glass to protect it.
4. wendygarett (limited) posted on 27 Aug 2012, 21:50 3 3
oops... My mistake again... Sorry :D
13. Sparhawk posted on 27 Aug 2012, 22:24 9 0
If Gorilla glass is evolving, will it become human glass in a few million years?
40. Mxyzptlk posted on 28 Aug 2012, 01:33 0 6
The only advancement is the name. They do that only to sell more units even if the previous gorilla glass wasn't that much different.
2. ocilfa posted on 27 Aug 2012, 21:46 0 0
Hold up, I need some clarification. I thought the "ColorBoost" name was specifying a special type of lcd that has amoled type colors? Yet, they say its a Super Amoled Advanced display in this phone?
15. 305Bucko posted on 27 Aug 2012, 22:59 0 0
I think colorboost is just firmware/software that tweeks the colors making them look better. The Photon Q for Sprint has this same exact Screen type.
I think since many ppl that purchased previous Motorola handsets were complaining about the color quality on the screens, they came up with this term to assure the consumer that they have addressed this issue.
5. Berzerk000 posted on 27 Aug 2012, 21:51 4 0
If this is the "mid-range" Razr, I can only imagine what the Razr HD will be...
16. 305Bucko posted on 27 Aug 2012, 23:02 2 0
I am going to assume that the HD will OBVIOUSLY have a better screen and more memory (ram/storage)
If it looks like identical to this design, I will be very pleased.
21. Berzerk000 posted on 27 Aug 2012, 23:29 0 0
Yes, HD display is obvious and 2 GB RAM is a must. From this, they should be putting in an S4 Pro to the Razr HD. They wouldn't put the processor their mid-range has in their flagship, would they?
27. Mittal posted on 28 Aug 2012, 00:06 0 0
"that would seem to indicate a price for the Motorola DROID RAZR HD at $199.99., matching the Samsung Galaxy S III"
They better have the S4 Pro inside with a bigger screen if they wanna stay relevant!
50. doubleD posted on 28 Aug 2012, 08:09 0 0
I really like my RAZR MAXX, however I think Motorola making so many phones off of the same RAZR design is a big mistake. Motorola did the same thing with the original flip-phone RAZR. All of their following flip phones were based off of the same RAZR design. In my opinion, this is what led to Motorola's downfall in the cell phone industry which was eventually reignited by the DROID. It looks like they are repeating the same mistakes now by being stuck in the DROID RAZR design for their plethora of subsequent phones.
9. androidornothing posted on 27 Aug 2012, 21:59 0 0
@Wendygarett i have a very out of topic question. Is the person in ur pic yourself or someone else?
28. tedkord posted on 28 Aug 2012, 00:06 0 0
So it's not a picture of yourself or of someone else?
48. TylerGrunter posted on 28 Aug 2012, 02:58 1 0
Unless wendygarett is vietnamese and has a blog it's not her picture. It's Elly Tran Ha.
47. TylerGrunter posted on 28 Aug 2012, 02:57 0 0
It's the picture of a cute and famous vietnamese blogger:
Elly Tran Ha
51. sgogeta4 posted on 29 Aug 2012, 10:02 0 1
She only looks good on thumbnail sized pics, no thanks to the real thing or larger pics.
52. TylerGrunter posted on 29 Aug 2012, 14:25 0 0
Seriously, check again
I think in normal pics she also looks good.
11. KingKurogiii posted on 27 Aug 2012, 22:10 0 0
pretty much what i thought it would be.
i'm really surprised by the 3MP front facing camera. o:
25. 305Bucko posted on 27 Aug 2012, 23:56 0 0
I agree. For a second I thought you were expecting better. 3mp sounds great for FFC
btw did u notice, no HDMI? Not to say the HD version wont have one, but having an HDMI port is not a big deal.
Personally I hope the HD doesnt have one. Thats one less hole to cover (or one less hole your case will have)
29. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Aug 2012, 00:12 0 0
i thought something was missing but i couldn't quite put my finger on it. this like the Atrix HD probably doesn't have support for Webtop but i'm sure the HD will. it's even been pictured with it's HDMI out port. i'm like you, i don't like holes but that HDMI out port is pretty convenient. o:
33. 305Bucko posted on 28 Aug 2012, 00:18 0 0
The way the Moto Rep made it seem like to me was that they werent to thrilled about the webtop response. It didnt quite take off. We'll see
On another note: I like the Chasis design on this a lot! Im not a fan of the camera hump (almost bought the RAZR MAXX to avoid that hump)
I hope the HD isnt too different from this design. Looks great.
34. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Aug 2012, 00:22 0 0
it wasn't that great to start off with but with the ICS update came Webtop 3.0 which completely revamped the platform. it's like using an ICS Tablet now. it's pretty nice.
i do too, i wouldn't be too disappointed if i ended up with one of these somehow especially since it's supposedly coming in white. o:
i especially like the torque screws. nice industrial Moto touch that i like on my Xyboard 8.2 as well.
36. 305Bucko posted on 28 Aug 2012, 00:31 0 0
Engadget has an extra screenshot that shows that it will include expandable SD card. I am asuming its located on the USB port side, tucked under that long tab at the top. Maybe the Micro Sim is there too.
38. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Aug 2012, 00:36 0 0
yeah, probably just like the Razr/MAXX.
31. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Aug 2012, 00:15 0 0
something else i've noticed is that this phone has teeeeeny bezels which is good because that means it won't be nearly as wide as the Razr. o:
45. Berzerk000 posted on 28 Aug 2012, 01:49 1 0
I just noticed that, the bezel is very small... That's really the only thing I had against the Razr, the extra large bezel. The Razr is nearly the size of the GS3, and it has a display that's half an inch smaller. Hopefully the Razr HD follows the same design elements as this.
46. KingKurogiii posted on 28 Aug 2012, 02:57 0 0
yeah, me too, in fact i wouldn't mind if it were just a larger version of this. xD
39. shnibz posted on 28 Aug 2012, 00:42 2 0
Beautiful phone :) I love Motorolas! I want a Moto Nexus to happen!