Microsoft tells Windows Phone users to update to Windows Phone 7.5
In order to obtain the update, those with Windows Phone 7 can hook up to a computer and use Zune software or Windows Phone 7 Connector for Mac to see if a software update is available for download. The update offers many new features such as making custom ringtones from MP3 and WMA files, visual voicemail, an a battery saver feature that shuts down parts of the phone to preserve battery life. The Windows Phone 7.5 update also brings voice based text messaging to your phone along with Facebook chat, Twitter and LinkedIn integration to your device. The so-called Mango update offers improved maps, driving directions, and multi-tasking.
1. medicci37 (Posts: 530; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
The only place where Windows outsells The iphone, is in Steve Ballmers imagination.
5. RazaAsad (Posts: 100; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)
Now you are getting biased. You can comment about the reason(s) for its growth like low price or beautiful industrial design. I know its also because 6 % share of apple in the market is nothing as compared to Android and WP still is as crappy as iOS or may be a little more than that but your comment smell like a fandroid (btw I myself am a fandroid)
13. medicci37 (Posts: 530; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
I prefer Android, but I am also highly critical of certain aspects of Droid. & would like 2 see more "real" competition. But MS treats there customers like sht. & hasn't even tried to compete with Android on specs. Not to mention the way they try 2 styfle innovation in mobile. Just like they do on desktops. MS is part of the reason the PC industry is in trouble. Just look at how much more innovation has taken place in the smartphone market in the last few years, as opposed to pc's.The only real threat to Android from MS is in the lawsuit department. & They (especially Ballmer) bring alot of criticism on themselves, by talking so much sht about the other OS's. Any company who tries to dominate by using BS lawsuits, & other despicable, underhanded, tactics deserves to fail in my book. Btw The industrial design is due to Nokia, not MS.
15. haseebzahid (Posts: 1716; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
u have no idea what these moblie specs/ OS means do you bashing with no proper knowledge
80. speckledapple (Posts: 871; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Specs is not the only measure for which one can call success and regular consumers concern themselves with specs. They concern themselves with what their friends and family have and understand.
Granted there are many things that anyone would take issue with against MS just like every other company out there but innovation cannot be one of them as they have the most different looking and feeling OS out there.
Lastly, you must remember that it takes no time in this business to change the game. It is probably a good idea to remember just as MS has that its a long race ahead.
20. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 4704; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I wouldn't know about WP handsets outselling iPhones in China, but Android handsets outsell WP and iOS handsets combined.
83. haseebzahid (Posts: 1716; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
and do u know how long is wp out in market and android too
21. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
No its because its way to restricted and crap outdated hardware....
Windows sucks...... Android ftw
30. GJanee (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
1. dude, please grow some brains before going on a forum talking crap. .) it is because of the prices. i mean cmon, samsung is s**tting out like 5 new low-mid range droid device every damn day. what can people chose from? the market is full of their low budget crap. dont get me wrong, i like samsung,i have an omnia7 but man, its annoying.
2. WP still doesn't need epic hardwares to run everything smoothly unlike crapdroids.
3. the only problem here is the fanboyness of the smartphone consumers. they are so damn stuck with their closed minds, that they don't even want to try out something that's different and in some cases waaaaays better than what they use at the moment.
why do they buy androids? because they are cheap, and they can put ridiculous widgets all around and set up nude girls as background, and flick around the homescreens like kids all day, AND because they think that quadcore x GHz processors will save the day, and make android the best smartphone OS. NOT. pure bulls**t.
and why do people buy iphones? because it has a fanbase and a cult around it. AND the os is clearly better than android no matter how closed it is.
4. both os had like 4 years to build and develop their fanbases. wp7 should have built that same with a full market in under 2 years? cmon guys don't be ridiculous...
noone's forcing anything here, but coming here to talk epic bulls**t from an OS you only know from goddamn pictures on phonearena and youtube videos is just pure STUPIDITY!
31. dickwyn (Posts: 526; Member since: 07 May 2012)
yeah i think that too. i'm a wp and ios fan. i like android but not as much as ios and wp.
32. ashu277 (Posts: 18; Member since: 20 May 2012)
1st. omia is a weird phone...
2nd. the specs of wp7 fones are standardadize which are set by microsoft
now tell me are you more smarter than microsoft soft. engineers ?
if yes then go and write a letter to your MS buddies and surely they will make you understand about the specs of wp7 fone instead of raisin trp's here and now
3rd. WP7 is amazing and beautiful thts ios gt outsold by wp7.5 :/
76. GJanee (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
1. omnia weird? plz tell me more about this. :)
2. specs standardized? yes. why? because whilst staying cost efficient, it will bring more usability and fluidity to the os, without using powerhouses in a phone case unnecessarily. this was a reply for a comment before me, don't bash me. troll...
3. sorry for the misunderstanding, for me wp7 = wp7.5.
i'm totally for WP, i think you reeeaaaalllyyyy misunderstood my comment.
37. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
Good job, generalizing Android . Listen troll, you are the one who is stupid fanboy here.
It would have been better if you shouted fragmentation and lag like those Apple fanboys do.
BTW Windows fans name their pillow "Bill".
74. GJanee (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
listen smartass, as you can see the original comment to which i replied got deleted (for being a mindless troll like yerself), so if you would have seen that, you wouldn't be talking smack.
46. AndroidShiz (Posts: 144; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Well, I originally paid 750 for my GNex, I also recently paid 400 or so for the best and latest Windows phone. Nokia* cough. Took back my Windows phone within 30 days because it was lacking so much, it's not worth my time listing what it lacked, but I can say it wasn't the most intuitive phone for all the hype. Some things it lacked should have been on the phone by now, they've had plenty of time now to address some basic things, and still have not. No excuse. I couldn't even use it as a backup phone. Fact is, Android isn't cheap.. to me. I actually feel like I got what I paid for unlike when I used to buy an iPhone at full price. I'm not a fanboy, the fact is, is that once you've had the best of Android, which is definitely pure Google 4.0 on GSM, all other OS's fall short in overall long term satisfaction. I thought I'd never say that about Android. The skins are what screw up what would otherwise be an excellent experience. Even though the Galaxy Sexus is 350 now, my family who bought four at the time, would gladly pay that again just for the peace of mind of having the best. This phone just works. If Windows was so great, it wouldn't be destroying Nokia at the alarming rate that it is. Nokia's tombstone will say: "Smoked by Windows."
47. haseebzahid (Posts: 1716; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
ahh yes so the Great Buged and laggy OS is awsome yeah right make it dual->quad->octacore probably some one will stop saying Android laggs or perhaps tell the guys on forums "who made the Android" to go and fix the OS
54. KOUROS (banned) (Posts: 36; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
Well much better than windows prison.
Windows need so much fixing. its more fragmentead than OS and restrict.... u must love enclousure than freedom. enjoy ur outdated hardware and drive ur bmw 318. While OS is on M3.....
85. haseebzahid (Posts: 1716; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
well u are right for enclosed system but no one ever herd of fragmentation of WP so gets ur facts right before bugging around and its not always about freedom or if so u are in dark no one is freee in moblie industry can u install OS of ur choice and sim of ur choice(contract phones) like u have freedom in PCs no so just tweeking ur homesceen doesnt make u free by any chance its just a stupid argument or feature of OS u are bragging about and most people dont give a s**t about editing the screen all the time
48. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4138; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You seem really mad. Maybe you should calm down a bit?
1. Samsung does release low range phones, but that's for those who song need all the features of a "smartphone."
2. While that's true, I'll take customization over changing colors of the background any day. Just my opinion.
3. Your last statement in point three was an opinion. I'll choose customization, variety of choices, and the cheaper prices from Android over iOS any day. Again, just my opinion.
4. Android and iOS picked up fan base solely based on marketing and advertising. Apple spends millions of dollars each year to show how "revolutionary" and"innovating" their yearly based phones are. Android nailed it on the head when the first DROID from Verizon was released. What really made a huge impact on Android's fan base was the Galaxy S series.
59. DIYguy (Posts: 190; Member since: 27 Feb 2011)
1. Excuse me? Ever bought one of those? They promise "all the features of a smartphone" well after buying you realize that none of those "great features" won't work on your crappy phone...
2. Well if you like spending hours decorating your phone then go ahead... I don't spend time with my phone, to me it's a tool to do things and for me wp "does" things best and makes it simple...
3. Yup , agreed...
4. Agreed as well... F.ex. The multicore cpus don't actually matter... Unless you're using android because most of it is written in java which is a horrible language and is resposible for all the lagging...
84. haseebzahid (Posts: 1716; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
ahh yeah you forgot to mension they took 5 years to gain market and now u think WP can take the market by 50% over night well thats not reality every big thing happens over time Wp was release immature year ago but next update was many times better and MS is still no stoping they will catch up soon or sooner its matter of peoples choce that how far WP will gain market
71. Pdubb (Posts: 223; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
WTH!! What happened to all the comments before this one?
75. GJanee (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
i would like to know the same thing man. this makes my comment less understandable... -.-'
77. Microsoft_ID (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 May 2012)
I LOVE You GJanee .
You said all think that was is my heart .
3. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1429; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
And here starts the Fandroid flaming arguments
7. networkdood (Posts: 4748; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
actually, no - I was thinking that if microsoft phones were cheaper and with all of the b.s. marketing it does that it may be artificial in number. Plus, many Chinese buy their iphones at non-iphone places.
24. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
I don't think so.... phone arena said windows is way fragmented
than Android... even iOS is much better.... windows
82. GJanee (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
do you have some kind of link or source to that article? you made me curious. :DDDDD
19. imsickwithphone (banned) (Posts: 76; Member since: 17 May 2012)
No, iphone is SOOOOO EXPENSIVE!!!!
With that price, you can buy two high-end android@windows phone!!!
23. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
No it isn't its not costing u arm and leg...
2 weeks wages buys u a high end handset....
8. theBankRobber (Posts: 631; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Wp7 outselling iPhones? Yea somebody had a lil to much to drink this weekend.
9. Whodaboss (Posts: 163; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
Thanks for the straight-up information from Microsofts COO. Though we know MS COO may be a bit bias better his bias than someone elses negative bias. I expect a company man to stay positive. I too would like to see the official numbers. But for now I'm hopeful WP will continue to gain ground.
10. iDroidx650 (Posts: 71; Member since: 26 May 2010)
Considering the iphone is not even being sold by the biggest Chinese provider. Im sure they will eventually carry ir and the iphone will take even more market share.
11. kanagadeepan (Posts: 513; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
This will be similar in India too, where iPhone is sold as NETWORK LOCKED and still at Rs60000 or about 1150$ for 32GB model... So it is NOT that difficult task to win iPhone sales in Big-Asian countries... Even Nokia101 wins all variants of iPhone sales in India by say 10 to 20 times more....
I don't think that is an achievement worth mentioning, imho...
12. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1429; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Microsoft always give product sales info
They do that with xbox, windows copy, now windows phone
14. sprockkets (Posts: 653; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
I don't get it - the whole 6 or 7% is NOT marketshare, it is the percent of sales of all smartphones that quarter.
You outsold apple for a month or so. That's not saying much - apple says they can't make enough to meet demand in china.
China loves android because there are so many cheap varieties as well as the good stuff.
I mean, if you want me to be impressed, let me know when someone there sells their kidney for your Lumia. THEN we'll say you've made inroads in China.
17. wp74ver (banned) (Posts: 62; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Windows phone is just going up ,let the haters hate .
25. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Soon going down. No one likes it. More like.
18. imsickwithphone (banned) (Posts: 76; Member since: 17 May 2012)
Thats a good start Windows
Slowly but steady is the key of success
52. KOUROS (banned) (Posts: 36; Member since: 25 Apr 2012)
In ur dreams defeat Os. ios... i think they will be joining BB down the road....
34. x7black7x (Posts: 116; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
yestaday i was going around some smartphones in a store. then i saw one mobile samsungs omnia w priced at rs15599. i operated it for some 5 minutes and i was impressed by its fluid performance even its metro ui and the transition effects.
windows phone is a good os but for now its only a gun without bullets(apps) only 90,000 but yes ms is making effort for their market place also.
wp7 imo is good.
60. DIYguy (Posts: 190; Member since: 27 Feb 2011)
Oh no how could anyone manage with only 90 000 apps? See the irony, right :)
35. GENARAL.LEVY (banned) (Posts: 93; Member since: 17 Apr 2012)
Another confined os. It can't even run Google drive at background. ...
36. ashu277 (Posts: 18; Member since: 20 May 2012)
aha? who needs the google drive in wp7? check the nokia lumia series as tht have nokia drive and you already know that the nokia drive is simply best :)
38. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
Do you have any idea what Google drive is?
64. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
google drive sucks
try nokia maps or nokia drive...you will forget about silly google maps service
65. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
Google drive is Google's cloud storage service dumbass.
Nokia drive and maps has both advantages and disadvantages when compared to Google maps and Navigation. However, I find Google Maps and Navigation much better compared to what Nokia or Microsoft offers.
43. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Windows cant multitasking just like iOS.
45. TROLL.ISAHA (banned) (Posts: 535; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
U may not need it! But others do.......