Microsoft opens stores in New York, Delaware and New Hampshire to cheering crowds
Based on the videos taken at Huntington Station, which is on Long Island in New York, and White Plains, which is situated between the affluent Fairfield County of Connecticut and northern suburbs of Manhattan, the openings were a success.
That may be putting it mildly, the crowds outside those locations erupted in cheers when the countdown reached zero and the storefronts opened up. Of course, Microsoft did have some enticements, such as give away prizes like a Samsung Series 9 laptop, Xbox 360 with Kinect and other treats. Even with those prizes, there were sizable crowds outside those locations. In Delaware, at the Christiana Mall in Newark there were rope barriers to control the line.
There are some exciting times on the horizon for Microsoft and these new locations are sure to help as Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and all the exciting products associated with them become available. There are a bunch of pictures followed by videos taken at each of the New York locations.
If you have a Microsoft store near you, does it amp up the excitement of the new goodies coming from Microsoft soon?
source: wpcentral (New York and Delaware)
Microsoft Grand Openings in New York and Delaware Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design
05 Dec 2013, 10:44
Android 4.4 KitKat update: release date, features and rumors
31 Oct 2013, 02:31
Cyber Monday 2013 deals on phones, tablets and other electronics
01 Dec 2013, 10:55
Living with the LG G2: a long-term review
03 Dec 2013, 07:53
How to take better photos with your Samsung Galaxy Note 3
05 Dec 2013, 03:02
Microsoft Grand Openings in New York and Delaware
1. Huntington Station, New York
2. Huntington Station, New York
3. Huntington Station, New York
4. Huntington Station, New York
5. Huntington Station, New York
6. Huntington Station, New York
8. Huntington Station, New York
9. Huntington Station, New York
10. Huntington Station, New York
11. Huntington Station, New York
12. Huntington Station, New York
13. Huntington Station, New York
14. Christiana Mall in Newark, Delaware
18. Huntington Station, New York
19. White Plains, New York
1. GoBears (Posts: 255; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
MIght have to take a roadtrip to NY and check it out!
10. JC557 (Posts: 640; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I've been to the ones in San Diego and they're pretty nice. I can't wait till the WP8 phones and Surface products start filling the tables.
4. PAPINYC (Posts: 1834; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Damn, there's no way I'm jumping on a L.I.R.R. train to go check out that store; I would've gone tomorrow if it were in Midtown. Leave it to Microsoft to make a store inaccessible.
11. JC557 (Posts: 640; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Apparently they do have some plans in place for Midtown but White Plains isn't too far... right now they're testing the waters, especially when there are Apple stores nearby.
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5427; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i went to the opening in Orlando, FL and got a bunch of stuff including some Beats Solo HD's.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4208; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I want to get them, but the price really isn't in my budget right now.
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5427; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i got em for half off pretty much because i stacked a bunch of $25 gift cards i got from doing the Smoked by Windows Phone challenges. i'm trying to sell them along with my Xyboard now.
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4208; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Sounds like an early Christmas to me. :o
16. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5427; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
$475 and you can have em both. just putting it out there.
7. baldilocks (Posts: 411; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
I'm from Delaware....and why here? I can see New York, but Delaware and New Hampshire?
12. JC557 (Posts: 640; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Well, there's always the tax free shopping in Delaware... and UD students.
8. Ronaldr (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Is there any more news in the location of the pop up stores coming for the holidays?
13. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Need some more in the Midwest. St Louis, Chicago, KC, etc
17. VJo003 (Posts: 309; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
Strong competition = Better for the end customer
19. OhSo3D (Posts: 39; Member since: 22 Feb 2011)
I was at the Delaware opening! It was actually a good time. But the Apple store in the mall is planning to have a grand re-opening soon cause they "renovated" their store. They just want their spotlight back.
20. speckledapple (Posts: 873; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Microsoft is slowly but surely growing its distribution channel so in the future they will offer their products through their own chains, disregard manufacturers and essentially produce their own profit.
21. Jonathan41 (Posts: 525; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
Wow, PA made an entire article about Microsoft stores without referring to them as "Apple-like". Bravo PA, bravo! Seriously.