Internal Verizon document calls for possible July 9th launch date for Samsung Galaxy S III
more than two weeks after T-Mobile and Sprint customers receive their units. Both of those carriers have announced a June 21st launch date for the device. On the other hand, Verizon and the other three major carriers will all begin taking pre-orders for the model on June 6th, while Best Buy has started accepting them now.
Verizon will offer both the marble white and pebble blue versions of the phone. The 16GB unit will be $199.99 on contract, while the 32GB model will run $249.99 on contract.
1. doubler86 (Posts: 293; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
I doubt Verizon is that stupid to not launch it on June 21st with the other carriers. ...Or at least I hope they're not that stupid.
2. iblackdroid (Posts: 67; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
It's not that big a deal... I can wait 2 more weeks
3. crysiswarmonger (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
forget sprint, they do not even have a 4g network.
5. ardent1 (Posts: 1863; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Sprint has WiMax, it is still considered 4G and their LTE 4G network will come online later this year (if you believe Sprint).
10. doubler86 (Posts: 293; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
Yes but their LTE phones do not use wiimax so they are only 3G till the new LTE towers are finally set up.
14. ardent1 (Posts: 1863; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Reread the original comment -- crysiswarmonger was wrong about Sprint not having 4G, the poster was FACTUALLY incorrect.
For the record, Sprint has deployed WiMax since 2008 (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4
4. ardent1 (Posts: 1863; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Considering Verizon didn't participate in Samsung G2 program, I will be surprised to see how this device sells on Verizon's network.
7. remtothemax (Posts: 170; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Uh, pretty well, I would imagine. A good phone is a good phone.
Did the iPhone on Verizon suffer because Verizon didn't participate in Apple's iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, and iPhone 4 programs?
6. Saamic (Posts: 96; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
I can confirm this I was there today and that's what a sales representative told me
8. WhyNotRadioShack (Posts: 13; Member since: 01 Jun 2012)
RadioShack started offering the pre-orders on all versions of the SG3 today as well.
9. WhyNotRadioShack (Posts: 13; Member since: 01 Jun 2012)
Why would they wait until then when ATT is releasing it on the 21st?
11. Xquisite (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Heres a non blurry picture of the document.
12. yougotkilled1 (Posts: 165; Member since: 27 Apr 2011)
If verizon continues with the galaxy series in the future, I can see the droid line-up going downhill. One phone makes a difference :D
13. mettec (Posts: 13; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
I had to call customer service yesterday so I decided to ask the rep if he knew when the new data shared plans come into effect? He said that it was going to be in july. So then I asked him if the S3 is going to be released before the data change or after and said that his notes say Pre-sale June 6th ( tomorrow ) and release date of July 9th so he said the S3 will be out before the new data changes. That is good news for me since I still have my Dinc. and need a new device while keeping my unlimited data for two more years. Going to Best Buy today and pre-order it.
16. dcgore (Posts: 190; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
I don't know why Verizon thinks all these crazy delays are ok. The thunderbolt was pushed back like 2 months, the Galaxy Nexus about one month, now this. B/c of this and more, i am a former vz costumer.