Instagram might finally arrive on Windows Phone on June 26th
Instagram is expected to arrive as a Nokia exclusive app for Windows Phone and its alleged debut at the end of June would come just before the rumored Nokia EOS, a 41-megapixel cameraphone running on Windows Phone.
In the meantime, while waiting for Instagram to arrive on Windows Phone, many developers have come up with apps similar in functionality. Some like Instance for Windows Phone are definitely great alternatives that you can use right now. Having the high-profile Instagram officially though would definitely help Nokia and the platform as a whole.
source: WPDang via WMPowerUser
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Yup finally indeed
2. joeymk (Posts: 100; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
I hope it's not exclusive to Lumia devices. HTC user will be mad, and i totally understand them.
14. daniel_bargs (Posts: 321; Member since: 27 Nov 2010)
The power of PureView............ ended on Instagram :)
Isn't it funny when you brag about your Lumia PureView cameras or EOS PureView... and you just put it on Instagram where the size and quality gets downsized.
HAHA :) its life.
20. Dastrix (Posts: 505; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
The article says otherwise. That was obvious, and pretty much a given at that, considering how much effort Nokia made to get Instagram on WP, while the others (including HTC) didn't do crap. :)
19. akki20892 (Posts: 2285; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Nokia Pureview with Instagram is Perfection.
Specially With EOS.
4. ymcmb (Posts: 1; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
yes and it requires a gig of ram to run for some reasons.
5. GalaxyXperiaOptimusDroid (Posts: 13; Member since: 10 May 2013)
Noooooooooooo! Samsung and apple should stop this!
10. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
True it's only exclusive to ios and Android!
17. mobilefuture (Posts: 206; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
You're not one to say which OS gets an app and why. Of course they'll make an app for it because they know that it'll be a success.
Superiority Complex much?
22. Dastrix (Posts: 505; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
WP is a success. Suck it up, or GTFO retard.
6. theminolaboy (Posts: 98; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I am so ecstatic about this! If this is going to be a Nokia exclusive, HTC and Samsung Windows phone owners will be fuming! Bring it on, Nokia!
8. Timmehor (Posts: 599; Member since: 09 Mar 2013)
Nice, finally! And Anish Kapoor in that Instagram Ad!
9. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Angry frustrated helpless inpatient Nokia Wp8 users will finally be abnormal.
Now we can see them not get violent and angry with other users on PA¡
11. papss (Posts: 2879; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
For the love of god do you just love trolling WP related articles? My guess is that you secretly love the platform otherwise why go thru so much trouble you spend more time trolling WP articles than you do android.. Give it a break you pathetic little child.
13. CardiWPfan (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
It has been confirmed that Instagram will indeed be "EXCLUSIVE" to Nokia Lumia devices. As for the exact launched date take this rumour with a grain of salt. The Instagram official App for Windows Phone devices has been in lab testing since March 2013. It is alleged that Nokia/Instagram will release the app for Lumia devices to coincide with the launch of the lumia 925 devices. Stay tuned!!!
15. SportDriver (Posts: 26; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Instagram is useful for people which have phones with bad cameras to hide it is horrible. You do not need Instagram if you have cameras like are on Lumias ;).
16. supermikey12 (Posts: 2; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
If Instagram didn't want to make an app because of the last of WP users, why would they limit Instagram to only Lumia users?
18. Muzhhur (Posts: 227; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
I love to take pictures instead of any manipulation.
I dont need instagram and I think Instagram needs me
23. Damo579 (Posts: 104; Member since: 18 May 2013)
I think it will be good that it's on windows phone because it will help wp gain popularity. Personally I love the Instance app but I will download this,just in case they remove Instance from the store.
24. clevername (Posts: 1401; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
I don't mind some exclusivity, but I hope this isn't exclusive for long.