How to disable bloatware apps without root
1. nothingmuch (Posts: 186; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Dont know about other devices but This started on the 4.3 update for Samsung devices, couldn't do this on earlier firmware versions.
2. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9846; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This has been on Android for as long as I can remember...
3. nothingmuch (Posts: 186; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Yes I know, I have at&t and I dont recall bieng able to disable the att bloatware just force stop them. just apps I downloaded I could disable.
8. Rager722 (Posts: 289; Member since: 30 Jan 2013)
Have to HTC ONE. I've been able to disable AT&T bloatware since I first purchased it
4. SonyPS4 (Posts: 308; Member since: 21 May 2013)
My older Xperia Ray (2.3 Gingerbread) had this feature in 2011.
5. davenycept (Posts: 199; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
@nothingmuch is right..it wasn't available on Samsung devices unti 4.2/4.3
6. dratomic (Posts: 483; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
no i did this thing with my galaxy s. but this does not work permenantly cuz i disabled google maps several times and again it activated automatically upon next rebot
7. nothingmuch (Posts: 186; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Force closed apps will re-activate after reboot or if it is triggered by another app. disabled apps will permanently be disabled unless updated or re-activated by user.
9. osptech (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 May 2015)
Most easy way to disable packages boltware knox etc are using package disabler app
no root required search "package disabler" in play store
10. orthik (Posts: 2; Member since: 29 Dec 2014)
Used it very good, and the pro version got search and password