How to automate tasks on your Android phone
1. ibap (Posts: 752; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
I use Tasker extensively, but the learning curve is steep. Automated Device may be a good option for those less technically inclined.
2. buccob (Posts: 2478; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Yes... I use a combination of Llama and SmartConnect (both free). But Tasker does have a better interface though equally learning curve.
The reason I use both is because SmartConnect offer MHL/HDMI and USB Host as a triggers and Llama doesn't. But everything else can be done with Llama (or Tasker).
4. joey_sfb (Posts: 5156; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Sony Smart Connect get my vote. Easy to use, completely free and Adfree!
3. PostmanLV (Posts: 15; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
I've had tasker for 2 years and every time I attempt to use it I feel like a 2 yr old doing physics so it just sits in my app drawer
5. lallolu (Posts: 438; Member since: 18 Sep 2012)
I think the learnign curve of tasker is quite steep. I have tried using it twice but it was difficult so now I just use llama.
6. wilsong17 (unregistered)
im sorry can a iphone do this lol
7. buccob (Posts: 2478; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
If you want the beauty of Android on an iPhone... jailbreak... otherwise just get an Android
8. servesoftwaresolutions (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Jul 2014)
Shameless plug.. I just published an Android app called wurkur, where the launching of the programmed tasks is voice activated. Not as robust as other tools, but pretty simple to set up and it's free. Enjoy!