Has T-Mobile's web site mistakenly given the Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G an S4 processor?
T-Mobile announced that it would be soon launching the Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G. Powering the device is a dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 processor, at least that's what T-Mobile said when it unwrapped the device. But a quick look at the phone's specifications on the carrier's web site shows that instead of the S3, the Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 is under the hood.
Although the first guess is to figure that someone at T-Mobile made a typo (perhaps based on wishful thinking?), there is always the slim chance that a last second upgrade was made on the device. As unlikely as that seems, we decided to check with T-Mobile and was assured that it will be the dual-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 under the hood. If we've saved even just one of our readers from buying the Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G on the mistaken assumption that it has an S4 inside, then we can rest more easily knowing that we've done our job.
2. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4401; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah that is a big blunder. They really need to get their stuff together.
13. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
come on... its just a typo. everyone makes typos.
14. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
that guy/girl who writes on the website has to keep track of dozens of phones. I wouldn't be suprised that he got mixed up some place in the process
and 1.5 ghz snap dragon s3 sounds awefully like 1.5 ghz snap dragon s4. I don't blame him/her. after a long day I wouldn't be suprised if i made that mistake
3. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Hey, today is only About Apple and the New and iMproved and more giGantic iPhone 4S.5. Besides, I doubt that the folks over at TMo' know the difference between an S4 and S3 processor; they probably got it confused with actual iteration models like the Galaxy S3 vs the Galaxy S2.
4. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Thanks for saving people PA........but like them i really wish that phone had an s4 instead of an s3 :(
5. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
today is apple day, no t mobile samsung htc and so on..
7. mttsndrs (Posts: 2; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
Actually, it looks like it does have the S4. Samsung's specs show the S4, and T-Mobile has confirmed that this phone will have the S4 processor.
8. mttsndrs (Posts: 2; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
I apologize for the broken URLs. Here they are again:
9. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
1.5GHz, ARMv7, MSM8260A
is that an S4?
10. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4108; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yes, it is.
Right below the APQ8060A.
12. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
thanks bro.......hope its true then :)
11. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
S4 powered qwerty on T-Mobile is just what I need.