HTC coming back big at MWC with three phones: HTC One V, HTC One X, and HTC One S
1. remixfa (Posts: 13882; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Never a fan of meaningless letters, but at least they are bringing a little parity with names around.
2. roscuthiii (Posts: 1602; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
HTC One V, S, & X? Could that be Verizon, Sprint, & Unlocked (or possibly GSM variable)?
20. E.J.Su (Posts: 25; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
We already know One S is for T-mobile. so that doesn't work.
21. tedkord (Posts: 3409; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It wouldn't surprise me, the Verizon (V) model being the weakset, most castrated of the three. Just add in tons of bloat, and it's gotta be headed to Verizon.
24. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
ummm impossible, they all have different specs
30. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
what about samsung...the SII line? they all have the same specs
31. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
But they don't even have the same processor/dimensions and other specs (Anybody remember the SGSE4G with the slide-out keyboard?)
33. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
If the dimentions where the same that would be boring, this isnt apple, they made different designs because different people want choices, not the exact same thing, just with different carriers, if you dont like it, stop complaning, no one really cares about your opinion
8. nmerry77 (Posts: 39; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
Why did I get a "thumbs down" for asking what carrier they will be for??
13. lubba (Posts: 1309; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
Because there are alot of dumb-assess out there.
5. bayusuputra (Posts: 931; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
htc is not the best phone around, but i just love them.. and i am not delusional enough to say that HTC is the best simply because i own one and love one, unlike some fans of the phone maker whose top employees have side business as lawyers..
32. JC557 (Posts: 634; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
I think HTC is a pretty cool guy. Eh makes phones and doesn't afraid of Apple.
6. MalakiMills (Posts: 255; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
I've always been a fan of HTC and think that creating their own series could be a pretty good help to sales similar to that of the galaxy line (but not quite as huge). If they pair this with their promise to make phones thinner and better battery life I think they have a winner.
7. nmerry77 (Posts: 39; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
Ive never owned an HTC, or known anyone with one. Ive Always stuck with Samsung or Motorola. I have the orig. Epic 4G, the one with the keyboard, and im due for an upgrade.....so im trying to research and get the best phone...but i dont want 2 wait forever for the Sprint Nexus and Samsung GS3.....so hopefully one of these will Come 2 Sprint with awesome Specs,and Il give HTC a try!
9. thinking (Posts: 130; Member since: 19 Jan 2012)
Unlike most others here, I am not very fond of a "series" name for phones. Samsung has about everything named galaxy starting from budget to high end ones. These cause problems while researching (google, for instance). Even worse, I dislike the idea of "ONE" letter (no puns) to denote a phone. Try searching for it and get nightmares. I prefer the erstwhile Motorola's erstwhile approach of giving unique names to its products.
17. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
do you mean motorola's x, x2 ,droid 2, droid 3, droid 4 naming scheme?
i get what your saying, moto does have some good names. but i hate the droid naming scheme.
10. droidguy2323 (Posts: 55; Member since: 23 Sep 2011)
It's great they finally have a widespread line. Hopefully they have a flagship line coming with the same name on all carriers
11. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
One X, you're gonna be my next phone. Unless Sony releases a Xperia flagship with ICS out of the box.
12. RamyRamz69 (Posts: 389; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
I really want the One X, but I have to wait to see what Sony has under their sleve
14. ghost__uwi (Posts: 175; Member since: 28 Nov 2011)
so how come they not showcasing L, M, N, O, P
18. torr310 (Posts: 284; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I really wish you are the "One" so I don't have to keep looking.
What if you are not the "One"?
22. Jphones (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
HTC trying to step it up this year. Love my sensation It's sensational. Will shall see which if they intriguing enough to get me to switch.
25. Jphones (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Yeah the names could have been more creative but hopefully the phones don't suffer the same blandness
26. illuminatemyfate (Posts: 9; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
What I would do if I were htc is uniform the phones but stick with the subtitles EVO, Incredible, Sensation and Amaze and make it the "X sereis", "V series, etc."
Stylize them like this.
or HTC Evo^S or whatever. Then go to HTC Evo^X2, Evo^X3 as the years go on.
Market them all the same as th "X Series" or the "V Series". Slap htc^X on the phones.
28. Jphones (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Sounds like a good idea but we know Apple would find some way to sue.lol Saying HTC copying there naming scheme. Plus they just need better/more creative marketing ideas. HTC Natural, HTC Surround, HTC Throwback, HTC Revolt.
27. 300men (Posts: 6; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Is the white phone in the picture with the beats headphones currently a real phone?
IF yes, what is the name of it.
need something thin with a quality htc build.