HTC One vs Galaxy S III vs iPhone 5 picture and video samples comparison
1. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
So, when is PA going to get a production unit from HTC to test?
3. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
i love how the GS3 is still compared to every new phone comes out, and still gives it a competition !
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
GS III is still a relevant phone. It isn't at the top of the hill, but the GS IV is not long from re-taking that position.
11. AshishRomea (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
they did it with the Z then , u bare with this too
20. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
sorry but one takes sooo better pic..s3 is good but for competitor in 2012.
htc one is king 2013
22. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
GS3 is still being entitled as the phone of 2012, until s IV is out, many people will compare many devices with s3 and iPhone 5
2. kostas12ldb (Posts: 51; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
Not bad for 4MP!!!
It actually seems that in the "NVIDIA" stand picture, the HTC is better than GS3!
Didn't see THAT coming!
25. p5yb0rg (unregistered)
HTC > GS3 > iPhone5.
29. kostas12ldb (Posts: 51; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
Don't worry for your thumbs down, just some blind Samsungians...
9. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4270; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
They said they were going to compare it to the 920 in the 3rd paragraph...
15. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
The 720 vs the One (one sample doesn't quite say much) but HTC needs to work their asses off the deliver after blasting the 808, and not just merely hype anything. Check MyNokiaBlog.
6. feres13 (Posts: 306; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Seems like the HTC One is on par with the iPhone 5 or slightly less impressive, but better than the S3, not bad but not great either.
13. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
the iphone's shots were BLUE. That's highly un-impressive. That said, the One's shots didn't stand out as exceptionally better than the others, just marginally so. One of them looked a tad overexposed, but considering the dark situation, not bad (although may be better to take a slightly dark picture and fix it in post-processing than take an overexposed shot that when processed looks cheap or low-quality)
7. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
sorry to say but is there too much liggt in htc one's sample .............
8. kostas12ldb (Posts: 51; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
It is the result of the "suspension" tech mounted on the HTC camera.
Quite similar to the one in Lumia 920, but more simple (less axes).
This results in extra exposure with less blur, thus collecting more light.
12. allen83 (Posts: 107; Member since: 01 Mar 2012)
Not bad HTC they have really improve their camera this time around. A 4 MP camera compared to an 8 MP comparison surely many will react about that
14. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
the pictures are washed out and ove rexposed
16. surethom (Posts: 589; Member since: 04 Mar 2009)
I agree that more & more megapixels on a Tiny sensor chip is a bad idea BUT 4 megapixels is just too small for zooming in, 8 megapixels should be the best on a LARGE sensor chip.
17. mydi.maus (unregistered)
not bad for a 4 mp htc.
18. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I have absolutely no faith whatsoever in phone arena conducting a fair test using the Lumia 920 as a reference handset. What you'll get are the usual dirty tricks employed by sites like the verge and gizmodo. ie. setting the focal point at some obscure object in the corner, selecting the worst photos of the bunch, using incorrect exposure and iso settings etc..
19. sbw44 (Posts: 433; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
I can already see by the time phonearena does the comparison against the 920 they will find a way to make it better then the 920.
Compare it against the 808! HTC was the one's who took a cheap shot at Nokia saying that crap about more megapixels is sh*t!
So put the One up against the 920 and 808 or are you scared Nokia will wipe the floor with HTC
21. amiroo (Posts: 269; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
one picture is very clear and real then iphone 5..iphone 5 has a more saturate but not as good as one in real color.
23. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
HTC one wins :D
i like the details :D
and im hoping that the rumors abt ",...amazing camera" of the galaxy s4 is true :D
26. droidluvngurl (Posts: 11; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
What I'm trying to understand is why the WP fans are going so hard? So what if HTC took a dig at the Nokia cameras? If you're camera is better great, if the One is better, is that gonna make you switch to Android? Probably not. Going nuts over camera comparisons, I'll never understand. I want a phone's camera to take good enough pics for me to share via the web/social media whatever, and I want the phone to be an Android phone. If you want the same thing on a dif OS then so be it. Let's just chill out with the fanaticism already.
27. ghanemsam (Posts: 64; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
htc one is the clear winner here it is simply the one
28. linas_ltu (Posts: 32; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I really really hope that final unit of HTC one won't skip the frames on video!!! Please HTC, hear that. Thank you.
30. drone1212 (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Feb 2013)
I can see where HTC is going with this. Brighter lens (f2.0) and OIS showed their advantages here. Almost consistently, they result in faster shutter speed and less camera shake. The S3's f2.6 lens is showing its handicap in the fourth set of photos - camera shake.
However, I do not see the advantage of the 4mpx sensor. If anyone zoomed into the fourth set of photos, one could see that the hair of the young man playing with the phone is all smeared - no details at all. The iPhone produced the best details here although with a touch more noise.
31. Akraw (Posts: 14; Member since: 02 Apr 2012)
Htc one is better than others ...iPhone 5 has some purple thing in the picture and samsung is a bit overexposed...u can see the difference in 10,11,and12.
32. Stuntman (Posts: 835; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
I would rate the HTC One the best. The iPhone 5 is second, but not far behind. SGS3 is third and difference in quality of the iP5 over the SGS3 is greater than that of the One over iP5.
33. Muayyad (Posts: 236; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
If you want a neutral judgment, look at the faces details, text sharpness and the natural colors. It is obvious the one is the one.