Google seeks patent on GPS and weather controlled camera
Imaging seeing your camera adjust its settings automatically depending on whether you're inside or outside, something that can be determined by GPS. The weather information can be used to determine if it is a sunny day, or if is raining or even overcast. Will this be something that ever finds its way into an Android phone? As long as it doesn't add much to the cost, most people would enjoy having anything that improves the quality of their pictures without having to tinker with the settings.
source: USPTO via Engadget
1. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3214; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Isn't this something that's considered too generic to patent?
3. Joker (Posts: 24; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
So "rectangle with rounded corners" is not generic
4. javac (Posts: 102; Member since: 04 Mar 2013)
Hahahahaha but a wrap around screen that sony already made is just so innovative. Go home Mxyzptlk your drunk
7. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5046; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
He likes Apple, we couldn't do anything. Just let him be an Apple fanboy, he think's that Apple make excellent products that people want to buy. lol xD
8. lyndon420 (Posts: 1686; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
He's probably wondering why he is the only one waiting in line for their gaming console.
9. lyndon420 (Posts: 1686; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
You would be correct if apple was in the title instead of Google.
12. taikucing (unregistered)
This idea has an algorithm.
I don't find any algorithms used in rounded corners.
15. roscuthiii (Posts: 1785; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Ahh... now it all makes sense. You have no idea what "generic" is.
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 10080; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sweet idea. It would be hella easy to use in the LV, since we almost always have perfect weather...and perfect eye candy ;)
6. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5046; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Neat Google, this is very neat, I'm waiting for this one. And patent everything so you will not be sued by cr@pple.
10. digitalw (Posts: 48; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
amaizing!!! That meens, that you, as a user, can be sued in this scenario:
1. It's a cloudy weather
2. You have non Android phone
3. You select CLOUDY WEATHER in the camera app.
I like Google, but in this case, they got to far. Sad to see that companies (not only in consumer electronics) are gone to far without any moral, ethics or basic human culture... sad world.
14. sprockkets (Posts: 1075; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Only if your phone uses the GPS to do it, dumbass.
11. rusticguy (Posts: 2818; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Novartis just loses patent case in India. Court rules that patent cannot be granted just for reformulating whatever existed and is known to mankind (so to say). As a result now anti cancer drug to cost $200 instead of $2500
Good ... patents should be annulled in public interests. :)