Google buys natural language startup Wavii, Apple loses out
10. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Apple need not to innovate:
their sales are mostly outdated iPhones 4s and old iPads, so their customers are simply dumb to pay such a high price for the outdated devices so for Apple is very easy to do a business
2. BattleBrat (Posts: 1071; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Damn, Google's speech recognition is already superior to apple's (and this coming from someone who has an iPhone 4s and a Moto Droid RAZR) With this it'll get BETTER? Google will be unstoppable!
3. Aeires (unregistered)
So the richest company on the planet was outbid by their competition? Never thought I'd see the day.
4. joey_sfb (Posts: 2909; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Apple is the modern day Scrooge McDuck. So no surprises for me.
13. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 618; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
More like Flintheart Glumgold than McDuck.
7. lyndon420 (Posts: 1736; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Apple's slogan "You don't get rich by spending money. You get rich by overcharging".
12. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Samsung has more money than Apple........
5. Ninetysix (Posts: 1586; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Why innovate when you can buy? Add it to this LONG list.
6. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2670; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Everyone buys. It's the same as hiring talent.
8. lyndon420 (Posts: 1736; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
True...but it just seems right when Google does it.
9. tedkord (Posts: 4739; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Apple was also trying to buy this, to beef up the prior purchase, Siri. What was that about purchasing instead if innovating?
11. Aeires (unregistered)
Yeah, because Google never innovates anything.