Motorola DROID Specifications | Review
Motorola DROID X Preliminary Specifications
2. xmguy1 (Posts: 68; Member since: 04 Nov 2009)
Will Froyo update also beable to be done over WiFi as my phone (Droid) isn't on a cellular network at this time.
3. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
Probably not...usually OTA pushes are sent by the wireless carrier so your device would have to be active. There my be an update file released, if so, you can do it that way.
4. xmguy1 (Posts: 68; Member since: 04 Nov 2009)
I'll be back in cellular range in mid September. Will VZW continue to push the 2.2 update?
5. xmguy1 (Posts: 68; Member since: 04 Nov 2009)
Could I take it to a VZW store for the update if I miss the OTA push out?
6. VSS_55 (Posts: 43; Member since: 05 Jul 2009)
last time i had worked in a store, there not really allowed to do firmware updates on smartphones because there not supposed to take the chance of you loosing personal data. i would assume it can be downloaded through the interwebz and done through your PC... as you've been able to do with every other (smart)phone.
7. alyssabitches (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Jun 2010)
if you go to settings; about phone; then system updates - you can download the deterred update! All droid software updates are OTA (over the air) VZW stores cannot do anything.