Facebook Home live for some, Chatheads comes to Messenger for others
1. amats69 (Posts: 788; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i check it in playstore..it is available to download but not to all region...when i tried to download it said "This item cannot be installed in your device's country."... i read a lot of people complaning about the same problem.
2. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Yeah, they were complaining that it took away the full Android experience; couldn't use widgets and a lot of other features. 2.3 out of 5 stars last time I checked.
3. amats69 (Posts: 788; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i read that also...and i think this Facebook home is good to people that spent more time on FB..(not me) but ill give it a try...hopefully its not difficult to uninstall this FB HOme if it ruined my android experience.
9. HASHTAG (unregistered)
I agree! I like Facebook, but not too much to install a launcher that blocks other features that I want. It should be simple to uninstall as well if you don't like it. I have the Nexus 4 so I can't experience it until it's available.
21. Blazers (Posts: 139; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
This launcher hijacks your lockscreen, so if you choose to go back to sense/touch wiz, you will need to uninstall. A reboot didn't work for me.
22. amats69 (Posts: 788; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Nope. I've installed it already.if you don't like it you can simply turn it off in fb home settings and you will go back to your sense or touchwiz.....fb home didn't wow me..but I like how fb made the chatheads...you can actually chat even if your using diff application.
4. SleepingOz (Posts: 2371; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Well, one of the most useful features of Android is sideloading apps. So just google the apk and sideload it.
5. SleepingOz (Posts: 2371; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
6. amats69 (Posts: 788; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
dude have you tried the FB Home? if yes is there any problem on uninstalling it? thanks by the way for the link
7. SleepingOz (Posts: 2371; Member since: 22 Oct 2011)
Nopes I don't like facebook but make sure your device is compatible, otherwise you'll have to do some lil tweaks for it to work properly.
You should be able to uninstall it like any third party app.
8. amats69 (Posts: 788; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
ok thanks..yeah my device is htc one x so it is compatible as what FB said..thanks anyway
25. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
I tried it in my galaxy note 2, and yes you can uninstall it like any other app. BTW I think facebook lovers will love this app, so if I didn't like it that doesn't mean it's a bad app. It's just facebook not for me.
28. amats69 (Posts: 788; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
one thing i like on this Facebook home is the chatheads...this is really an innovation on messaging.. i wish we can separate that chatheads to FB home :)
24. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
If you live outsude united states you can download an app called hideman from google play store. Hideman app will work as a virtual private network vpn and change your phone ip to usa. After you do that you can download facebook home from google. make sure your phone is compatible because facebook home doesn't support all phones yet. I tried it in my note2 and I didn't like it but I am sure facebook lovers will love it.
10. roscuthiii (Posts: 1658; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Well, I just clicked it because I misread the title and thought "Chatheads" was some separate app that provided comparable service...
Otherwise, no clicky from me.
11. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5470; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
got it for my sister's SIII hours ago. it's pretty perfect for her. i don't think i'll be getting it though.
12. soldiernation (Posts: 31; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
Chatheads doesnt work on my tablet running ICS. In a way it does but not like it should.
13. amats69 (Posts: 788; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
have you installed the fb messenger?if not try to install it..if yes update it...
14. HASHTAG (unregistered)
Didn't they state that it's not fully supported for Android tablets yet?
15. soldiernation (Posts: 31; Member since: 09 Sep 2012)
Of course, its the only way to get Chatheads right now.
26. shobhit (Posts: 13; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
but it work on mine its simply awesome fast n smooth n good UI also
16. tasior (Posts: 92; Member since: 04 Nov 2012)
Regular Facebook application actualisation asked for a permission to make direct calls. So goodbye facebook. You're not welcome at my phone anymore.
18. lyndon420 (Posts: 1448; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
There was a Vonage for fb app that worked amazingly well over WiFi and/or 3G for me when I had a fb account. Pretty sure the permission for phone calls had something to do with that as I remember reading that fb was going to integrate free calling to other fb users.
17. lyndon420 (Posts: 1448; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Just checked...not available in my country (Canada).
20. shuji_kiritani (Posts: 4; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
It is available in Canada, 5 of my friends have it running today on their S3's.
30. lyndon420 (Posts: 1448; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Interesting. What part of Canada and which carriers? I'm in western Canada and it shows not available on both my One X and my girlfriends Note 2.
19. shuji_kiritani (Posts: 4; Member since: 12 Apr 2013)
I own a Galaxy Note 2, but when i go to the "Facebook Home" download page I am unable to install it, it says "This app is incompatible with all of your devices." I was able to install Facebook and Messenger.
29. skymitch89 (Posts: 969; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
I'm just glad that Facebook Home is a different app than the Facebook app.