EVO 4G overclocked by 30% to 1.267GHz
This article contains unofficial information.
source: YouTube via AndroidGuys
1. rwolf1984 posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:46 0
nice...i just started selling sprint...evo is the best phone on the market!!!
13. jbroots3 posted on 15 Jun 2010, 11:59 0
rwolf, you used to be really unhappy with sprint. Do you think theyre headed in better directions?
2. vzw fanman posted on 15 Jun 2010, 08:06 0
i'm pretty sure my droid can be overclocked to 1.3 ghz.
3. pattypatterson posted on 15 Jun 2010, 09:19 0
im pretty sure you would still be rolling that sweet 2009 droid on 3g.
4. tuminatr posted on 15 Jun 2010, 09:37 0
I had my droid to 1.3ghz but battery life sucked, went back to 1.0ghz runs great no problems good battery life
6. narley posted on 15 Jun 2010, 10:01 0
i'm pretty sure not a single person in here can say they're running the EVO on 4G... truthfully.
10. pattypatterson posted on 15 Jun 2010, 10:46 0
were up and running on 4g here in rochester ny intorduction/training was actually this morning
12. tbacba posted on 15 Jun 2010, 11:27 0
Cool pattypatterson. I'm in Rochester too. Do you know how far into the burbs the signal covers?
17. tbacba posted on 15 Jun 2010, 15:22 0
Sprint 4G! This will help me make my decision on EVO.
20. pattypatterson posted on 16 Jun 2010, 09:39 0
im not sure yet but we got signal in and around the all the mallsd official launch to come very shortly!
7. narley posted on 15 Jun 2010, 10:03 0
VZW LTE will be the first nationwide 4G network and they havent even started yet.... what does that say for Sprint? Slow and steady doesnt win the wireless race...
11. dahaka17 posted on 15 Jun 2010, 11:17 0
wow really tell me one just one city where u can use verizon 4g at.....oh wait u cant because they dont have it yet where as sprint has it up and running not "testing" or "coming soon"
16. vzw fanman posted on 15 Jun 2010, 15:14 0
boston and seatlle. but they don't have any devices to utilize it yet. sprint chosing wimax was a mistake, the CEO admitted it.
19. pattypatterson posted on 16 Jun 2010, 09:37 0
dont spread lies vzw fanman... dan hesse said that they could easily switch to lte in the future if they wish you need to get your facts straight the towers will already be there for wimax all you have to do is reconfigure the towers for lte instead of wimax kinda like when a customer takes their verizon phone and flashes any trace of the raping compnay and switches it over to cricket metropcs etc...because they dont want to pay inordinate amounts of money ($140 per month for unlimited talk txt smart phone web nav and insurance for 1 phone!!!)
22. pattypatterson posted on 16 Jun 2010, 11:50 0
that dan hesse ever said that choosing wimax was a mistake
14. KNOWSmuch posted on 15 Jun 2010, 14:47 0
Im just fine and dandy running on T-Mobile's HSPA+ 3G, and it's a little faster than Sprint's 4G. I can get consistant downloads speeds between 5-7mbps on a MyTouch Slide. Pretty cool stuff!
18. jrcrow79 posted on 15 Jun 2010, 19:42 0
lmao!! Motorola already admitted a 2ghz phone is on the way..ahaha!..FAIL EVO!
23. networkdood posted on 17 Jun 2010, 21:35 0
I never heard of DAN HESSE saying that WIMAX was a mistake, but the company has admitted, alomg with CLEARWIRE CEO, that they chose it because it was relatively easy to start and be the fisrt 4G network. At some point they will switch to LTE. What is funny is that LTE is really 3.9 3GPP, so it is not considered true 4G - until it gets re-classified - I could care less as long as the speed is there.