Deal alert: $200 shaved off the Xperia Z Ultra Google Play edition
1. hafini_27 (Posts: 854; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
Tempting. I might consider buying this to watch movies
2. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
For watching movies, consider the Samsung TabPro 8.4 at $369. It's not a phone, but it has a very nice QHD screen.
This Sony isn' too bad, but according to reviews, the headphone output is subpar.
6. 3rdDegree (Posts: 213; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
Don't even try and lie. The tab pro does NOT have a QHD display, it has a Full HD display wwith 359 PPI.
7. SubtleOne (Posts: 7; Member since: 15 Apr 2014)
Agreed. QHD is only 2560 x 1440, whereas the Tab Pro has 2560 x 1600 which is higher.
8. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Wow look who's calling a liar, one who doesnt know what he is talking.
13. 3rdDegree (Posts: 213; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
Learn how to finish a sentence, idiot.
14. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Knowledge about what we are talking> grammar, punctuation.
16. 3rdDegree (Posts: 213; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
I am correct in everything that I have stated about the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4. I just told him that it doesn't have a QHD display, as he so wrongly stated.
18. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3703; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Except you weren't. You said it has a Full HD display. It doesn't.
15. SubtleOne (Posts: 7; Member since: 15 Apr 2014)
Says the person who does not know what they are talking about.
3. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2232; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Shave $350 , then. Its a deal, 16GB of internal memory, is a deal breaker, imo
5. jb4674 (Posts: 145; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
With Sony closing the majority of its retail stores and not giving a firm date on the release of the Z2, they can continue to try and throw deals but, people won't buy into their crappy strategy.
..And they wonder why their devices don't sell so well in the US???
9. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Look who is talking The 6" comic brick fanboy. Btw your brick isnt even worth comparing this beauty. Begone.
19. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
somebody needs a life, he is butthurt
10. hurrycanger (Posts: 1553; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
With this price, it's like a Nexus ultra phablet. $450 is great. The Nexus 5 is already $350/$400.
12. xche78x (Posts: 101; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
The regular z ultra can also be bought at the same price, albeit here in asia... 450$
This makes the launch of T2 Ultra 430$ a headache to balance, which one to choose, more power under the hood + larger full hd screen of the Z Ultra or longer batt life with nicer camera + flash of the T2 Ultra?
The Z Ultra also has more storage, ram and is water + dust proof...
A phone with combined best features of both would be the perfect phablet for me... Z2 Ultra anyone? August will probably tell the answer...