Cyber Monday Moto X deal breaks Motorola servers before it starts
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10435; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Nexus 5 or Moto X? Decisions, decisions...
4. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I Vote Moto X sir. One of my good friends has one as does my fiance, and they are fantastic phones.
5. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11361; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
If you're going to spend $300, at least get a high end phone. The 5 obviously.
6. cezarepc (Posts: 714; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
No brainer for me. If it's 5 vs Moto X, 5 would be my personal choice.
24. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3786; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
These prices are for a new current device, OFF CONTRACT. Show me an instance when a new current iPhone was for sale at that price off contract, then maybe I could see your point. And I don't mean last year's model or someone who picked up a new iPhone to resell it, but a new current iPhone from Apple or a carrier. If you're going to do a comparison, the conditions must be the same or it's not a fair comparison.
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i think he meant the Nexus 5 not the iPhone 5 if that's what you thought he meant.
he's still a hopeless troll and not worth your words though.
29. downphoenix (Posts: 3155; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
He's not that much of a troll. An Apple fanboy perhaps, but not a troll.
30. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you don't go to many Moto articles do you?
7. Finalflash (Posts: 2773; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Take the nexus 5 because it literally has everything the Moto X has and then some. Unless you like the smaller form factor with the customization on the look, then Moto X is fine as well.
11. 14545 (Posts: 1461; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
It seems like the general consensus is that the 5 has a worse battery life than the X. I would go with the X for that reason and the fact it has a narrower chassis than the 5.
20. sprockkets (Posts: 1611; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Google seems intent on making a white body black face phone, which is dumb *to me*.
Moto does a nice woven white phone, with the white face. Or any other color I want.
Both are nice. But one wins out for me.
8. jove39 (Posts: 1819; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Nexus 5, this is best android phone I have ever owned.
37. COZMAN (Posts: 99; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
I sold mine after a week. Try a G2 or MOTO X. Both are superior.
15. iampayne (Posts: 322; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Id say the X because of the hands free voice features and Google Now has gotten so good. And also the size difference. The X is much more managable. If screen size is not a factor go for the X.
22. SiiLo (unregistered)
But can every phone access Google now with the screen off like the moto X?
28. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
comes in handy while driving on my Moto X. ;)
2. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i've been trying to get in on this all day.
3. GeekMovement (Posts: 2142; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Would've been nice if they had the wooden backs available by now.
9. droidboy (Posts: 49; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
I want ine so bad... hope it lasts all day!
27. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
don't count on it. you better be camping at your computer if you plan on getting in on this. the dev edition sold out in around 30 minutes.
10. bubbadoes (Posts: 815; Member since: 03 May 2012)
That's why I don't see the big deal about the healthcare.gov website not up to speed on day one of launch. Nothing is perfect! Even the Verizon Wireless network suffered during the ios 7 initial download evening/night. Nothing is not subject to failure in this data hungry world especially when everyone wants it at the same time.
26. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i do Tech Support for Verizon and the iOS 7/new iPhone launch launch was awful. Apple's activation servers kept crashing and our servers kept crashing from all the calls of iOS 7 either blowing people's minds or iOS bricking people's phones because of the load on the OTA servers.
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the dev edition sold out in minutes.
maybe Motorola will take notice of this and decide to go the Google Pricing Route with their next Flagship launch.
14. blahb (Posts: 48; Member since: 16 May 2012)
By far the best device for grandfathered Unlimited 4G LTE users on Verizon like myself. Bought the unlocked Dev Edition @ 11:45 for $399. Can't wait for it to get here so I can sell my POS TouchWiz laden Samsung Galaxy S4...
17. Jklaz (Posts: 159; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
I'm grandfathered in on Verizon's unlimited. I usually take to craigslist for phones, but my mom had to have a brand new one. Good deal for her. Got the developer edition. I'm quite jealous now since I'm on my s3
18. tedkord (Posts: 10256; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Been trying all day to get through. Going to get one for the wife for Christmas. I'd consider the N5, but no Verizon for it.
21. blahb (Posts: 48; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Appears to be back online for the VZW Dev Edition:
23. tedkord (Posts: 10256; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
And sold out. But either way, I need MotoMaker. She doesn't care about unlocking the bootloader, she wants a red back with orange trim (yuck!)
31. makio9 (Posts: 48; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Black Friday: 4 deaths and 74 injuries in the United States.
Just out of curiosity, do less people get injured on Cyber Monday because it's only geeks. Anybody have these statistics?
32. Kaiser2007 (Posts: 173; Member since: 16 Nov 2013)
It's the Train accident in NYC. It has nothing to do with shopping.
33. makio9 (Posts: 48; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
Nah man, people literally die in America over the sales. That's real shopping statistics!
34. Dadler22 (Posts: 161; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Thank god that happened, some of us could have ended up with moto X's
35. COZMAN (Posts: 99; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
If I had to keep one phone? MOTO X would be it.
36. COZMAN (Posts: 99; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Anyone who speaks against that phone has no idea what they are talking about.