Compare the Sony D6503 Sirius to the Sony Xperia Z1 and Sony Xperia Z
As it turns out, the tipster who is behind the leaked photos says that the Sony D6503 Sirius is indeed the Sony Xperia Z2, making it a flagship model and a sequel to the Xperia Z1. According to the tipster, the phone will be released in April and will no longer include the printing of the Sony name on shatterproof film.
Also coming at the same time as the Xperia Z2 will be the Sony DGP521, which is a new flagship tablet allegedly being released by the Japanese manufacturer.
The Sony D6503 Sirius and its two predecessors
1. The Sony D6503 Sirius in black and white
2. Sony D6503 Sirius side by side with the Sony Xperia Z1 and the Sony Xperia Z
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
source: Digi-Wo (translated) via XperiaGuide
1. GeekMovement (Posts: 1521; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I can't really tell if the bezels have even gotten any narrower. I think the sides were trimmed a tiny bit, but the bottom still looks fat @_@
*especially for no capacitive buttons, logo, or physical buttons.
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Maybe the bottom has the beautiful LED strip light.
7. Nabil2511 (Posts: 149; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
i thought they put the LED light at the speaker grill at the top
9. Amir1 (Posts: 274; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
DUDE, the Z2 includes STEREO SPEAKERS WITH SOUND BOOST. the top and bottom bezel are NOT wasted. and it's water and dust proof phone with wooping 20 mp camera and HUGE battery. have mercy on the designers. PLUS, sony are in favor of a thin profile.
13. vincelongman (Posts: 1702; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Good points, also the camera is 1/2.4" which is much bigger than the other flagships which use 1/3.2" (except Nokia and the Moto X).
But I personally would prefer for the Z2 to be a couple mm thinner if it allow them to make it a couple cm shorter.
15. Amir1 (Posts: 274; Member since: 20 Aug 2013)
Well, it's a matter of taste. sony think that more consumers will be attracted to thinner profile and taller phone then shorter phone and thicker profile. they are always proud of how relatively slim their high end phones are considering what's inside. but taller phone i think also gives them more space to add the stereo speakers. look at how big htc one bezel is.
14. GeekMovement (Posts: 1521; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I'm usually not one to complain when it comes to bezels, but I hope this new speaker will be able to compare with the HTC One's boom speakers otherwise I would have hoped for some design improvements. Either way, bezels aren't my sales point so I'll love it either way.
2. alterecho (Posts: 1091; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Their high end phones are becoming clunky. Xperia Z was much much better than the Z1, visually. Xperia ZL was an achievement.
3. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I hope this is not the Z2, it looks almost exactly like the Z1 and just a tad bit taller. If this is really the Z2, then I'm a bit disappointed.
10. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 648; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Its the apple trend that works well, samsung did it, looks like HTC is goin with it with HTC ONE 2.
4. X.E.R.O. (unregistered)
The top and bottom bezels are too wide making the phone too tall for a 5.2 screen. It seems to have the same dimensions as the Note 3.
5. williamdroid (Posts: 125; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
The only thing i've ever disliked from Sony's flagship were those bezels.
8. GMS85 (Posts: 157; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I guess sony have successfully disappointed me literally after the Sony Xperia arc s, I'm just gonna have to pass this one, and wait for other competitors what has to offer, my Xperia Z1's still kick in!
11. Leonis (Posts: 334; Member since: 08 Jan 2014)
I don't like this at all. The phone is getting tooo big
12. Taters (Posts: 3598; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
LG really dropped the ball with the G2 by using the back buttons and going for 5.2 screen instead of a 5 inch one. It is too big. The Optimus G literally had no downsides compared to the One X and GS3. It was more compact, way more powerful, looked more elegant etc. The G2 is bigger and chunkier than the GS4 and HTC One and it's uglier to boot.
Now it looks like Sony is doing the same thing. The Xperia Z was is much sexier than their later designs and that was already too big. Going even bigger is just suicide.