China may not see 4G for another 2-3 years
Wei stated that the country hopes to expand its current network of 220,000 TD-SCDMA base stations to 400,000, and then upgrade those units to LTE TDD before offering 4G licenses. He anticipates that process will take three years to complete.
State owned China Mobile is a driving force behind LTE TDD deployment, but Wei also cited handset and chip vendor support as a barrier to entry. He said, “We need their active participation, to speed up development of the commercial trials.”
1. DigitalJedi_X2 (banned) (Posts: 346; Member since: 30 Jan 2012)
If that isn't one of the most offensive photos I've ever seen!... You guys are really looking to get yourselves In hot water with the Asian community. Not a good look Phonearena!
2. thatdude1 (unregistered)
So true...this picture is quite tasteless, even for phonearena.
4. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
isnt this kind of wasting spectrum? or is 4g on a whole different spectrum
10. Jericho (Posts: 302; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
This nothing compare to what we have in my country. We have 2g only not even 3g thats what makes me wanna leave my country after graduation.
14. zaryab_hussain77 (Posts: 102; Member since: 30 Jun 2011)
same with me............thinking of leaving pak after inter
12. Eingild (Posts: 203; Member since: 19 Apr 2011)
Lol on the comments. The image used on that picture is one of the famous memes on this site called 9gag. That image signifies those people that are quite baffled on why China does not want to license 4g. Lol. Get out of phonearena once in a while. At least you people can develop a healthy sense of humor.
13. darktranquillity (Posts: 284; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
3g was introduced in India only a year ago with himalayan prices and it was like people don give a crap about 3g. Now network providers are cutting down plan prices to attract people but its getting nowhere for them. So for india, that'll be like 2-3*2.
15. itiswhatitis (Posts: 422; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
No,Sibal said they will hold 4g specturm auction by the end of the year so with some luck it could be avaiable by mid-2013
16. nosybummer (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
lets hope there wont be a 4G spectrum scam
17. mrandrewshah (Posts: 14; Member since: 01 Nov 2009)
Oh I have to say the Y U NO guy was a nice touch.