Camera samples from the Vibe Z2 Pro show what to expect from the Note 4 shooter
1. Ashoaib (Posts: 2980; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
wow... these pictures are damn clear and detailed.... night shoots are looking better than S5... what do you think buddies?
I have a question, all previous leaks were pointing out to sony's IMX240 sensor? now at the last moment it become Samsung's own Isocell?
3. tech2 (Posts: 3111; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Yeah I thought they were going with Sony's lens too.
Irrespective of that the low light imaging has improved leaps and bounds since GS5 thanks to OIS.
12. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3619; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Sorry, the shots are nice but still I'm finding it li'l grainy. Using Sammy's ISOCELL is bit surprising though.
16. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I think It looks pretty great actually & Don't worry it'll be much better on note 4 with the same sensor.
31. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Yup. Sammy will have better algorithms with the Note 4. Also, if this rumor is true, the Note 4 should have the speedy contrast focusing of the GS5.... Note 4 is shaping up to be one truly compelling smartphone.
Sammy just needs to tell when thay will ship the Note 4 on VZW. One of my upgrades may be used for a Note 4.
11. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Just like Sony camera sensors, other manufacturers who use it on their devices will most likely be better than on Sony's devices itself. Samsung is no exception.
13. Ashoaib (Posts: 2980; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
thats an irony... sony is unable to utilize its sensors better others
19. maherk (Posts: 2722; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Sony is the worst when it comes to optimizing their sensors, and trust me, it is an exception. The Z2 has the biggest sensor among flagships and yet it fell behind the 16mp S5, 13mp G3, iP5s 8mp. And they shouldn't be happy that they managed to beat the M8, since we are talking about a 4mp camera.
37. mokhtar (Posts: 398; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
from ur comment i see u are fanboy or a blind person who think he know techno very well .. camera of z2 beats g3 .. s5 5s in every comparaison i see in youtube .. s5 camera is for amateur photographe who want an oversaturated camera and they are happy with fake colors ... i was in a night weeding yesterday and my z2 blow away all note 3 , 5s , s5 cameras ;) .. sony still work with a sensor 1 year old ( z1 ) wich is the second sensor seens they joing mobile world ( i talk about sony not sony ericsson ) , this is just the beggining , wait for z4 new sensor curved camera .. ;)
22. FaisalWibowo11 (Posts: 154; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Sony is INTENTIONALLY making their camera software cr*p because they feel that their 1/2.3" 20.7MP sensor is good enough to compete against point & shoot cameras and Sony doesn't want their point & shoot and smart lenses sales to drop big time.
- Sony cameras totally beat the living sh*t out of other manufacturer cameras such as canon, samsung, etc.. Only Nikon is on par with Sony in terms of image quality. At dxomark camera assesment, sony camera scores averaged at >80 while samsung & canon only averaged at 65-70.
- While sony is the greatest at making sensors and optimizing their dslr & other type cameras, their cameraphone can't quite.. Well.. Live up to full potential
- Nokia has always had the best shooters in the smartphone cameras but they never make standalone cameras or DSLRs.. Why? Because they know they can't beat Sony.
My points are somewhat logical aren't, they?
Come on, sony has hundreds of years of experience in camera.. They can't be that foolish with their cameraphone
27. maherk (Posts: 2722; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
A manufacturer is deliberately making it's product worst than what the competition is offering. That is a joke right? If not, then I feel sorry for you.
30. Scarambay (Posts: 72; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Sony fanboys keep saying the same sh!t - Sony deliberately downplays its cameras on the smartphones because they don't want to cannibalize their mainstream cameras. The main reason could be - the engineers that work on their mainstream cameras and smartphone cameras are probably not the same, and the latter are not as good as the former.
By any remote chance if Sony is deliberately gimping its phones, then it better get its head out of its ass, 'cause that's upper stupidity.
33. FaisalWibowo11 (Posts: 154; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
QX10 vs Lumia 1020
Xperia Z1 vs Lumia 1020
As we all know.. Both QX 10 and Xperia Z1 have the same sized 1/2.3" sensor. But when compared to lumia 1020 which has a sensor size twice the size of both qx10 and Z1..
- Z1 lose quite badly, even with oversampling
- QX10 actually came really close to lumia 1020. Daylight shots quality is on par and in low light, qx10 only lose by a hair which is impressive considering qx10 sensor size is only half the size of lumia 1020's and QX10 doesn't have OIS and Oversampling.
Both comparisons seem to prove my hypothesis to be true.
Xperia Z1 Compact vs Lumia 1520:
Even with larger sensor than lumia 1520, Xperia Z1C's images are a complete disaster when compared to lumia 1520's images
Xperia Z2 vs Lumia 1520
It is a hell of a different story here, sony has tweaked the camera software for Z2 and the quality is identical to lumia 1520.
Oh yeah, all the comparisons are provided by nokia fanboy site.. You don't have to ask me the purpose XD
36. digitalw (Posts: 62; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
I'm great fan of Nokia devices, i own Lumia 1020 but the truth is that Nokia has never developed CMOS sensor for camera. Their 41MP camera is made by Futjitsu or some other company, i dont remember. Sony and Samsung have the technology to produce new sensors. Isocell is on the beginings, it is a new technology that will furder be developed. Imaginehow CMOS was developed in the last 10 years... i can imagine in what Isocell will become in that time... i wiould like to be born 20 years later...50.... 134... ;)
42. XperiaShubhi (Posts: 12; Member since: 01 Feb 2014)
even nikon cant beat sony!!!!!!
(nIKON D810 MODEL WHICH IS BEST ACCORDING TO DXOMARK USES SONY 36MP SENSOR!!!!)
18. sar44 (Posts: 278; Member since: 14 Apr 2014)
go go samsung, kill yellowness faded and vague sony sensors
24. sergiobr (Posts: 623; Member since: 25 Feb 2013)
Note 3 user here, if I try to take a picture like #9 and zoom 200% I´ll never be able to see the details like this one. Waiting Note 3 !!!!
25. chrisditya (Posts: 9; Member since: 31 Jul 2014)
That's really clear picture, and natural colour. Great.
After upgrade OS, the great is gone.
6. Ashoaib (Posts: 2980; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
no its not satisfied... its great.... well, I think you are coming from nokia 808? right? then for sure it will be ok for you bcoz nokia 808 has an upper hand on all camera phones
20. iluvsonynokia (Posts: 144; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
AM SORY BRO,I MEAN XCELLENT IMAGE QUALITY, BTWN ARE YOU ANGRY WITH ME?
21. Ashoaib (Posts: 2980; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
no no, not at all bro... why to angry? thats not a problem.... you expressed your views and I just replied with what I believe is right... nothing more.... you have a right to express your views... may be its my style of writing which is kinda rude??
15. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1150; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Its absolutely wonderful unless you compare it to a dslr. This phone, note 4 really is gonna be a Beast..
7. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 721; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
There is no way of determining the possible image quality of the Note 4 from these samples simply going on the fact that the two phones will share the same sensor. So many other factors play a significant role, not the least of which is the processing software. I'd hold my judgement until we can test the Note itself, and I'm counting on Steve Litchfield to give it a proper run-through, seeing as he is a camera aficionado AND a Note-fan...
14. Ashoaib (Posts: 2980; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
ofcourse we cannot determine the quality of a camera from lenovo... ofcourse the camera result of note 4 will be better than above photos.... but still we can use these photos as a reference point like PA did
28. ManusImperceptus (Posts: 721; Member since: 10 Jun 2014)
No, because the sensor alone means very little. Optics, processor, aperture, software, flash etc. are all equally important in determining the final output of a camera. Sure, they can it as a reference point, but then again that's true of every other camera out there to some degree or other. A reference point is only interesting if it brings any noteworthy (no pun intended) enlightenment to the table, and this particular observation doesn't...
9. TheCynicalTechie (Posts: 78; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
without seeing the pictures look at 100% crop (1:1 pixel level) the samples are irrelevant. Most phones look good until you crop them at 100%.
10. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Wonderful camera on a wonderful Lenovo phone, maybe my next phone.
23. mptripper (Posts: 21; Member since: 10 Dec 2013)
Lenovo phones have a very nice camera app called the Lenovo Supercamera. Combine it with a superior hardware and it will take outstanding pictures. But their camera app asks too many permissions...
34. hteen (Posts: 5; Member since: 01 Jun 2014)
so, the nexus x and lenovo vibe z2 are two of the same. the specs are very similar,
35. A.Adel (Posts: 39; Member since: 01 Sep 2014)
you should enter the scoure under the photos and see the lg g3 photos its better than this but you should know thats the site said thats the unit in the review is not finished so there was problem with it so dont take them as a final result
anyway i am waiting vibe 2 pro to be release here in Egypt :D it will be my next phone for sure
and sorry for my English its not my first language
39. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Night photos should have more exposure. Disappointed by 9th photo .
40. Spedez (Posts: 350; Member since: 29 Aug 2014)
And how is that 16MP ISOCELL snapper any different from what SG5 now has?
41. lhkjacky (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Sep 2014)
How is this camera compare to LG G3?
The LG's OIS+ will be better than the ISOCELL OIS?
Hope phonearena will make a video compare the both