Bend it like Samsung: 5.5" flexible HD screen on tap for CES 2013
21. messiah posted on 20 Dec 2012, 11:55 0
as long as the battery holds up stronger than anything else
2. tiara6918 posted on 20 Dec 2012, 02:35 3
This is the most innovative product samsung has ever made! I can't wait to see it on future generation smartphones!
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 20 Dec 2012, 02:37 7
i dont get it.......how is that going to be of any use when it will be in a phone or tv that doesnt bend??? what are we going to be able to take it out and play with it or something?
6. akbar posted on 20 Dec 2012, 02:59 3
But do we really want/need bendable display? I want gadgets as hard as possible ;)
13. dexter_jdr posted on 20 Dec 2012, 05:03 0
my only possible use for this is for big screen displays. so they can bend it at corner of large buildings.
15. Fallout09 posted on 20 Dec 2012, 08:29 3
You lack vision. Just because you can not see a use today, doesnt mean there isnt a use for you tomorrow.
22. apocalypsebc posted on 20 Dec 2012, 18:27 1
Yes we want and need bendable displays because they will last longer and more durable. Some people insurance ends faster than the life of their television.
23. apocalypsebc posted on 20 Dec 2012, 18:42 0
Would it make a difference if some other company came up with this technology?!
12. zazori08 posted on 20 Dec 2012, 05:02 0
this will not be good since it's plastic maybe it will be resistive not capacitive.
8. neutralguy posted on 20 Dec 2012, 03:15 2
this is the start. Others have already bent batteries. Also, there's a wire that's stretchable. Wait a couple of years and we might see a bendable phone.
But what I want is a bending phone when you want it to bend and stays sturdy when you want it to stay that way.
10. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 20 Dec 2012, 04:52 0
i mean its cool and all but its these types of things that samsung focuses on that are specifically the "gimmicks" that was talked about sometime ago............they're "cool" but are they "necessary" is the question.....one thing it sure is doing is getting people to believe that, what we "want" is what we need! ...When what we NEED is certainly not what we want..... :(
and one thing you mentioned was "the future" ....well thats correct but just like what they're doing now.......are these things aiming for things we will NEED in the future rather than what we are just simply selfish about and think we need them? And in reality we are just being tech hogs or just flat out greedy for more of what we "want"....
11. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 20 Dec 2012, 04:58 0
continue............i sense more selfishness involved with samsung more than i do "self LESS ness"......sorry
17. darac posted on 20 Dec 2012, 09:22 4
Stop bashing Samsung for once and freaking use your brain!
Since this tech is bendable, it makes the screen basically unbreakable in everyday situations - if the glass cover cracks, the screen bellow will stay usable and you won't have to pay for the entire digitizer!
To put it easy for you - this means a MUCH CHEAPER AND EASIER REPAIR
18. MistB posted on 20 Dec 2012, 09:42 2
Well said that man, thankfully his kind are the minority. So when Sony does it, it's ok and not considered a gimmick?
19. SleepingOz posted on 20 Dec 2012, 09:50 1
Such an ignorant biased hater. Always trying to bash Samsung with invalid arguments. Try harder next time, if you can..
20. anshul0000 (unregistered) posted on 20 Dec 2012, 10:43 1
dont appreciate innovation?
7. apexKBC posted on 20 Dec 2012, 03:05 2
One of the BIGGEST innovation ever.
Saammmyy made it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9. MC1123 posted on 20 Dec 2012, 03:24 1
i don't appreciate huge screen that much... 3.5-4.5 it's normal bigger than that it's humongous! Like a small tablet
14. flyboy21 posted on 20 Dec 2012, 07:15 0
i just don't understand one thing the display can band so far so good but a phone isn't made just from a display there is the battery which is not bendable there is the body that is not bindable there are many things that can not band on a phone so what is all that excitement about a bendable display
16. Fallout09 posted on 20 Dec 2012, 08:45 2
FYI...A transparent flexible battery has already been developed by another company. Google it. A bendable phone body should be an easy problem to solve.
24. biagnosis posted on 22 Dec 2012, 20:08 0
what's the use of this bendable screen anyways? will they make a bendable phone??
25. jroc74 posted on 23 Dec 2012, 08:53 0
I'm thinking its more durable than a regular screen? I dont think any of us really know. All we really know is its bendable...