Apple iPhone 4 users shattered by new problem
Apparently, particles from a sliding case, or other matter, can get in-between the phone and the case itself, causing some serious scratches on the rear glass of the device (you might recall that this is one of the new features of the re-designed model). Over time, the scratches can become deeper until it leads to cracking or a more serious fracture of the rear glass panel.
Once the flaw was discovered by Apple, third party cases were banned from Apple's retail chain and only this week were online sales of non-sliding cases allowed to resume. Those selling slide-on cases are totally out of luck. Apple iPhone 4 users with a cracked glass rear panel will eventually have to receive some compensation from the manufacturer as some sliding cases were approved by the manufacturer before the flaw in the glass was discovered. Some of these were sold with a "Made for iPhone" tag. As it turned out, Apple's bumper design was the best one for the phone because it did not touch any glass, only-the side of the unit.
Apple iPhone 4 Specifications | Review
1. narley21 (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:48 0 0
2. miggy platt (unregistered) posted on 07 Oct 2010, 15:43 0 0
6. Thump3rDX17 posted on 07 Oct 2010, 16:39 0 0
Droid Owner: aw no signal? need help posting your iPhone on ebay? sorry but i don't think it'll sell well with that huge crack in the back.
10. cc16177 posted on 07 Oct 2010, 17:28 0 0
You misunderstood, he's making fun of iPhone users and he's referring to a pretty comical video on youtube about it.
13. Thump3rDX17 posted on 07 Oct 2010, 21:22 0 0
You misunderstood, i'm not pecking at zerglisk, i'm laughing with them.
11. cc16177 posted on 07 Oct 2010, 17:30 0 0
The phone's only been out for a couple months and so far we have: "Just don't hold it in your left hand." "Just buy a bumper." "Just don't get a slider case." This phone definitely is revolutionalizing the way we use our phones... yikes.
9. iHateCrapple posted on 07 Oct 2010, 17:10 0 0
And yet ANOTHER reason form should not come before function!! Apple sucks...
12. messiah posted on 07 Oct 2010, 20:16 0 0
There is an earlier story with regards to Apple soon releasing two more phones of different sizing to compete with android's variety. Anyone want to guess whether or not the new iPhones will have a glass back after this study released? Also, you think Consumer Reports is laughing their ass of right now along with all android users?
14. AJ7227 (unregistered) posted on 07 Oct 2010, 22:31 0 0
So much for "helicopter glass" that's virtually indestructible. Maybe I dont want to fly in helicopters either!
15. Raster (unregistered) posted on 08 Oct 2010, 03:44 0 0
If you got nothing better or constructive to say, can't you all just shut up and be neutral? iPhone haters. You're same as iPhone fans. Get a life instead of posting stupid trash comments, trolls.
16. iphone haha (unregistered) posted on 08 Oct 2010, 08:38 0 0
OK! but i phone is just a phone 4 stupid kids... and of course sheep-americans
17. random guy (unregistered) posted on 08 Oct 2010, 10:21 0 0
19. Thump3rDX17 posted on 08 Oct 2010, 10:46 0 0
YES! finally someone in this discussion with something constructive to say! thanks Raster! well you iPhone hater haters are almost as annoying as iPhone owners i'd say. Get a life instead of posting stupid trash comments, loser.
20. constructive man (unregistered) posted on 08 Oct 2010, 19:30 0 0
iphone is the most overrated toy phone that pays american-sheep review sites. :))
21. XxVerbalxX (unregistered) posted on 14 Oct 2010, 13:56 0 0
@iphone haha "in russia iphone glass breaks you!"