Apple gets patent for SIM card connector
The patent was originally filed by Apple in the third quarter of 2010 and was credited to Zheng Gao, Benjamin Rappoport, and Steve McClure. The main goal was to provide a connector that could not get damaged by the incorrect insertion of a SIM card. For example, let's say that someone inserts their SIM card in backward and needs to remove it. The patented technology makes it easy to remove the SIM card because it prevents the connector from getting damaged when the card was inserted improperly in the first place. Using a plunger system, the card is safely removed without any damage being dome to the connector. For those keeping track, the patent awarded to Apple is 8,337,223.
source: USPTO, PatentlyApple via Engadget
4. Izzy_V posted on 25 Dec 2012, 22:25 29 0
apple should make their slogan "A new patent a day keeps the competition away".
7. tedkord posted on 25 Dec 2012, 22:55 3 1
An actual, valid patent from Apple that's not stolen or obvious, or silly like shapes or colors. IT'S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!
14. JoeyC posted on 25 Dec 2012, 23:11 0 6
Why do you use the patent figure created by Patently Apple without giving them credit? That's not the way the USPTO lays it out. You just lifted the graphic and took credit for it. Not cool.
NIce to see Apple that the The European Telecommunications Standards Institute chose Apple's new 4FF nano-SIM format.
21. Alan01 posted on 26 Dec 2012, 01:02 0 0
Check the sources. Patently Apple is given credit.
16. Adithya7184 posted on 25 Dec 2012, 23:38 4 0
just draw a article....and get a patent....bulls**t...
19. rajagopalan.k posted on 26 Dec 2012, 00:34 9 0
way to go apple!
let me suggest you a little more useful patents to keep you "i"nnovations safe
- the positioning of an earpiece near the top of the phone
(so that iass users don't confuse other phones for is**t by the way they hold the phone when they talk)
- the presence of a screen within the frame/body of the phone/telecommunication device
(so that iass users don't confuse other phones with screens to be an is**t)
- the integration of a chargeable battery inside a phone/telecommunication device
(so that iass users don't confuse other phones with chargeable batteries to be an is**t)
- the ability of the phone to be housed into a casing
(so that iass users dont confuse other phones enclosed inside a case to be an is**t for their improved damage resistance like an is**t)
this next patent will be a game changer
- the unique way by which people use the "middle" finger to interact with the device
(so that iass users when seeing other people using the middle finger don't think that they use an is**t too)
26. rusticguy posted on 26 Dec 2012, 07:57 1 0
But the problem is that with every new patent the stocks are crumbling. Some analysts sday apple stocks could go as low as $270. So we expect few more patents in coming year i guess if stock has to reach that low shaving off almost 60% from market cap of so called "Most Valuable" company if that happens :)
29. jibraihimi posted on 26 Dec 2012, 11:44 0 0
WTF now we will get to hear 'u r inserting it wrong' from siri.........
31. rusticguy posted on 26 Dec 2012, 12:49 1 0
Siri would say "Ouch...." because such long sentences would be a battery drain :D
32. jmoney62987 posted on 26 Dec 2012, 13:40 0 0
It's funny seeing everyone mad Apple got awarded a patent....Blame who awarded them it..not them for asking!
35. InspectorGadget80 posted on 26 Dec 2012, 21:04 0 0
are u serious? ITS A SIM CARD u can't patent a SIM card
36. yyuu1000 posted on 26 Dec 2012, 22:12 0 0
Apple I am sorry but old McDonald has a patent for apples:-)