Apple apologizes for Chinese warranty issues with letter from CEO Tim Cook
exchanging a bad unit for a refurbished model after the first 15 days had expired. Once the consumer receives the device with the new parts, or a brand new unit, the one-year warranty restarts according to the Three Guarantees law.
On Apple's web site in the country is the manufacturer's restated warranty and repair policy statement which includes the two-years of warranty on key parts for the Apple iPad while only one year is given for batteries and accessories for the slate. Apple also said that it will provide more supervision and training for supervision and training for Apple Authorized Service Providers and Chinese consumers now have a direct online feedback link to get in touch with Apple.
We know that Tim Cook has high hopes for China and expects the country to eventually be Apple's top market. Hopefully for Apple, this relatively quick action and its bowing to local customs will get Chinese consumers back on its side.
source: AppleChina (translated) via Engadget
17. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
as of late Apple's been doin a lot of apoogising instead of innovating!
before it was patenting, then suing and now apologising....oh Apple time to pull your socks up!
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 8896; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly lol. A person can't even say hello nowadays +1 bro
2. _Bone_ (Posts: 1995; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
April's Fools, Apple doesn't respect the Chinese market, if they did, there would be no massive outrage or apology.
3. pradeepreddy (Posts: 29; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
i think tim will release another letter tomorrow, saying it's April fools gag
4. lyndon420 (Posts: 1464; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I can't wait till tomorrow for news that can be believed. I call April fools.
24. joey_sfb (Posts: 1862; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Whoever has the biggest stick win!!
Apple has no choice but to bend over when the Chinese government target them with malicious intent.
Even euro don't get this treatment and apple constantly break their local 2 year warranty law.
Apple, hear this!! Karma is a bitch and will get to you every time!!
7. TheMan (Posts: 338; Member since: 21 Sep 2012)
Okay, most of us think "April Fools" but it makes me wonder what is the warranty policy in the States. The carriers provide refurbished replacements; is that also true for Apple's iPhone? Anyone know?
8. Insignificant (Posts: 185; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Because that fixes eveything.
Can I find out why I was banned?
9. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
That's great. I assume they will still continue to pay their workers sh*t fifty a month and keep them in deplorable conditions though right? I mean this IS apple we're talking about
13. darkkjedii (Posts: 8896; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
U do that's why u clicked the article, read it, scrolled down to post comment, clicked it, and then posted. That's a lotta work to not care bro. I'm just sayin.
14. lyndon420 (Posts: 1464; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Yeah no doubt. The least he could have done was claim April fools.
11. opensourceftw (banned) (Posts: 148; Member since: 01 Jan 2013)
Wait a minute, this is an April Fools thing! We all know apple NEVER apologizes, they NEVER admit wrongdoing, and they certainly NEVER do the right thing.
26. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4655; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
This is real,Tim Cook will be sued by the customers if he don't do that. THIS IS REAL
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 8896; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Classy move Jobs wouldn't have, but get your ship rite Cook.
21. sum182 (Posts: 208; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Agreed, this never would have happened under jobs. As much as I dislike Apple this was the right move and I think Tim will be able to at least steer them straight again.
23. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
When all else provides 2years, as legislation standard, Apple tried,,,,but. Apple go with the flow®
28. Jack1192 (Posts: 35; Member since: 30 Mar 2013)
Phonearena should use Disqus for commenting.