Apple and Samsung file document for 2014 patent trial
Where there is a major disagreement between the two firms is in the number of devices to be included in the trial. Both companies are far apart in the number and names of the Samsung products that will be presented to the jury. Apple appears to be separating the devices involved depending on the build of Android that each device has installed.
While both Apple and Samsung prepare for next year's trial, Samsung is still in in the midst of its appeal of the first trial, which resulted in a jury awarding Apple a since-reduced $1.05 billion. Several of the devices that the original jury found to have infringed on Apple patents will be seen by a new jury after Judge Lucy Koh vacated $450 million of the original award.
source: FOSSPatents via electronista
1. techspace (Posts: 958; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
i think people should ignore these patent trials...
2. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh please! Would you two stop?
SamDUNG v.s Fruit
NOT AGAIN! ARGHHHH!!! x(
9. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
Ohhh Come on !!! The new Year comes & the Patent War begins again ....well at least this year its become common & i am sure ppl will just ignore it ...
4. baller23 (Posts: 23; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Im waiting for the time when there will be a big news, "Samsung & Apple Happily Lived ever after".
8. amats69 (Posts: 1242; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
the never ending story of samsung and apple......
11. Topcat488 (Posts: 1314; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Apple should look at how much money has gone to Lawyers instead of Research and Development, and then look at its stock market price, and realize the course they're on is false.
12. bucky (Posts: 2149; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
they are protecting their tech. Samsung was asking for it for a while...
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 17012; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You and topcat are rite, but its affecting apple more negatively than its affecting Samsung.
13. jsdechavez (Posts: 708; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Thanks much for the little peace in 2013.
14. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
CAN WE PLEASE STOP IT ALREADY WITH PATENTS? can't at least go a whole week with out a patent war
16. Abbath (Posts: 99; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Another day another patent war between these two
18. Antonyjoseph (Posts: 216; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
Lets watch the fun. Hope Nokia benefits from these two fighting each other.