App will take a photo of the thief that stole your Android phone
If your phone is stolen, the feature is nice because the thief will not know they are posing for pictures and it puts you in a position to help identify the perpetrator to police if needed. You can view the images directly through a web-based panel, or have the photos emailed. The feature has uses beyond catching a thief though. You can also use it to help you find your misplaced phone. Use the mugshot to see if you can tell if you left your phone in the car, or at work.
Being a security app also means that Kaspersky will scan applications and files you download to your device and helps protect it from the usual suspects that seek to exploit Android users. Kaspersky Mobile Security for Android is available on Google Play and will work on Android 2.2 – 4.1. There is a $14.95 annual subscription fee to use the Mobile Security app from Kaspersky.
Mashable, Google Play
1. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
I use Cerberus for my Galaxy Tab 10.1 to track it.
HAvent used it in like 3 months, never had a reason to use it, but this is good
3. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
Cerberus is #1......another show how iPhone is an inferior product
7. Reluctant_Human (Posts: 859; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
they have a native app for that on the iphone.
11. p0rkguy (Posts: 684; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Find my iPhone is quite inferior compared to Cerberus...
18. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
si wil your app take a photo of the thief, show message, take a photo when 3x trying wrong code, send phone number when you want, call logs, on sms do some actions (turn on internet), on sms take a photo and send it to my email?
working even when he wipe the device?
4. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
NIce, im glad android has such good open source apps.
9. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 294; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Huh? Android is open-source. Most android apps (including the $14.95 a year leech-ware variety) are not.
5. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
I was having this type of App in the glory days of Nokia N series. I had installed one app with funcionality similar to this on my Nokia N73, and by the help of that app, I was able to guide police to nab the theif who stole my N73, as that app captured the thief's picture and emailed me, and it even mailed me the co-ordinates of thief's location................
6. mukrenol (Posts: 90; Member since: 03 Sep 2011)
easy... stole the phone... put tape on the cameras.... flush it out then activate...
now it's not really traceable....
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3012; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Wow, Mukrenol...looks like you've already 'stole'n, flushed and reactivated one...and you're happily using the untraceable phone. :P
12. mukrenol (Posts: 90; Member since: 03 Sep 2011)
you mean my sony ericsson xperia pro? >.>
iphone is too 'complicated' for me to use... xD
10. Rayvelynn (Posts: 123; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Nice lets see if phones can do this, lol
13. downphoenix (Posts: 2329; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
I use Lookout Mobile Security personally. Havent felt the need to check for other apps because it has worked great for me.
14. gallitoking (Posts: 4690; Member since: 17 May 2011)
who would like to steal an devaluated Android phones.. not worth it people.. just put TEP on it and get a brand new phone
15. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
a Samsung Galaxy S III or Galaxy Note II or HTC ONE X is worth more than an iPhone. And hold their vaiue very well.
16. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
someone who wants to steal a phone that does more then the phones from 2007, the latest android flagships would be worth stealing and re-selling to thieves
ohh i forgot none have that apple logo so in your world there not worth anything
17. issa8 (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Jul 2011)
$15 bahahaha!! Prey and Android Lost do it for free!
19. roopasrilavanya (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jul 2014)
Get the thief photo with this free android application. Remote SMS features are awesome.