Android anorexics: world's thinnest phones for the year roundup
World's thinnest Android phones roundup Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
03 Dec 2013, 05:54
Cyber Monday 2013 deals on phones, tablets and other electronics
01 Dec 2013, 10:55
Android 4.4 KitKat update: release date, features and rumors
31 Oct 2013, 02:31
Living with the LG G2: a long-term review
03 Dec 2013, 07:53
World's thinnest Android phones roundup
1. Umeox X5
The manufacturer has confirmed the rest of the specs as a 4" 360x640 pixels OLED display, dual-core 28nm MediaTek processor, 512MB or 1GB of RAM, microSD slot, and 5 MP front and rear cams.
The battery will be 1400 mAh, though with this screen and processor that shouldn't be a problem for endurance. The best part is that Umeox is loading Android 4.2.2 on the handset completely stock, as many people prefer.
2. BBK Vivo X3
It is promised to arrive with some funky high-fidelity sound tech, though the rest of the specs are not clear at the moment.
The 2000 mAh is a bit of a bummer, yet Alcatel cites 12 hours of talk time with it. Watching movies on this big high-res display will likely drain it much faster than average, no doubt.
8. ZTE Grand S
Its spiritual DROID MAXX brother is slightly thicker in order to carry a gargantuan 3500 mAh battery, but the 2330 mAh of the Droid Ultra ain't too shabby for the specs either.
10. Sony Xperia Z
1. tech2 (Posts: 822; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
thinnest phones of the year .............2013 is over already ?!
6. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Man I haven't had a Slim Jim in forever. I am going to my local gas station & I am going to pick one up.
SNAP!! in to a SLIM JIM!! OHH YEAHHHH!!
R.I.P. Macho Man Randy Savage!
8. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 262; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
Thank you for that nostalgic moment. I'm going to grab a whole box cause of that lol. Damn I miss the 90's.
16. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 3394; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yeah I have to agree the 90's were freaking cool.
19. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5173; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Snap in to a SLIM JIM OH YEAHHH! RIP MACHO MAN.
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Eww, Chinese products and Sony?
I'll take s4 all the time...
15. Shatter (Posts: 1652; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Some of the S4 variants are made in China you hypocrite.
18. Shatter (Posts: 1652; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Or Phonearena can just ban them/their IP and hope they are not smart enough to change it.
20. rgxVOiD (Posts: 420; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
If PA bans him, he could just make another account.
3. MrKoles (Posts: 189; Member since: 20 Jan 2013)
Where is iPhone? It´s thinner than Xperia Z and GS4.
5. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1511; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Oh Gosh, this is about Android phones MrKoles.
4. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1511; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Wow, these phones are so thin, definitely few would be from Chinese markets. Good to see that Sony and Samsung are in the list.
10. SPIDERMAN4 (Posts: 17; Member since: 13 Apr 2011)
This is a list of android smartphones iphone isnot android
11. roldefol (Posts: 2855; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
No, but the iPhone 5 still holds up as a standard for thin and lightweight smartphones.
12. zennacko (Posts: 156; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
I bet all those phones couldn't survive what the "fat" lumia took before (finally) breaking.
14. gazmatic (Posts: 501; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
why are people caught up on thinner phones?
battery life is much better
i wouldnt mind a 15mm phone with wireless charging and all day wifi, by all day i mean more than 25 hours not 9-5
i see people becoming wussies as time progresses... they cant lift a 200 gram device and 10mm wont fit in their skinny jeans