Android 4.4.2 rolling out now OTA to T-Mobile's LG G2 owners
To try to coax the update out of your phone now, you can go to Settings > General > About phone > Update center > System updates > Check now. LG suggests that you have your battery charged to at least 50% before starting the updating process. You might also want to consider a Wi-Fi connection so that your precious data allowance isn't used for the update. Also, you need to have 147MB of available space on your phone.
If you do own a T-Mobile branded LG G2, you can let us know whether or not you were able to install the latest Android build on your device by dropping us a comment in the box below.
source: T-Mobile via TmoNews
1. phillyman (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Mar 2014)
Nope nothing here and i got the g2 the first week they launched the phone
3. Phoenity (Posts: 12; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
in jersey, i'm still up to date on 4.2.2 at ~7pm eastern
4. cboyroli (Posts: 3; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
i got my update but with att just yesterday!
5. Densetzu (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Mar 2014)
You don't have to wait for the ota, you can update by downloading the LG PC suite from the LG website for the D801.
6. fanboyoftech (Posts: 17; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
I have the 801 and the LG PC Suite, but I can't get the update. Will you tell me what I'm missing?
I would really appreciate it.
8. Densetzu (Posts: 2; Member since: 03 Mar 2014)
Just install the PC Suite, update it, then plug in your phone to the PC and select LG software on your phone. Then use the PC Suite to update the software.
9. fanboyoftech (Posts: 17; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
No I know, I get that. What I mean is that I've tried that, but no where on the suite does it say an update is available. When I click "phone software update" from the menu bar, it says "cannot connect to update server." any ideas on how to get this going?
12. androiduser89 (Posts: 2; Member since: 10 Mar 2014)
Any other option with the "cannot connect to update server issue"?
7. firito (Posts: 6; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
Can someone tell me how to registered this freaking phone i have been trying for months
10. ivanprskalo (Posts: 105; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
I have checked under Settings > General > About phone > Update center > System updates > and there IS notification that Update is available to my phone, 4.4.2 one - BUT I won't update it just now...
I will wait until ROOT comes out for this OTA update..